Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Age difference between a man and a woman......

indycop

I'll Lock Up
Jovan said:
Fortunately, not the case in Florida.
I don't know what ages you are talking about but there are laws in Florida that will get you put away for a loooong time. If I misunderstood please disregard.

Florida Statute. 794.05 Unlawful sexual activity with certain minors.--

(1) A person 24 years of age or older who engages in sexual activity with a person 16 or 17 years of age commits a felony of the second degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082, s. 775.083, or s. 775.084. As used in this section, "sexual activity" means ---- definitions deleted by me, but can be found in a search under florida statutes.

Florida Statute. 794.05 Unlawful sexual activity with certain minors.--

(1) A person 24 years of age or older who engages in sexual activity with a person 16 or 17 years of age commits a felony of the second degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082, s. 775.083, or s. 775.084. As used in this section, "sexual activity" means ----deleted by me.

in the presence of a victim who is less than 16 years of age, commits lewd or lascivious exhibition.

(b) A person who:

3. Intentionally commits any other sexual act that does not involve actual physical or sexual contact with the victim, including, but not limited to, ----deleted

live over a computer online service, Internet service, or local bulletin board service and who knows or should know or has reason to believe that the transmission is viewed on a computer or television monitor by a victim in this state who is less than 16 years of age, commits lewd or lascivious exhibition. The fact that an undercover operative or law enforcement officer was involved in the detection and investigation of an offense under this paragraph shall not constitute a defense to a prosecution under this paragraph.

(c) An offender 18 years of age or older who commits a lewd or lascivious exhibition commits a felony of the second degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082, s. 775.083, or s. 775.084.

(d) An offender less than 18 years of age who commits a lewd or lascivious exhibition commits a felony of the third degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082, s. 775.083, or s. 775.084.

SamMarlowPI

One Too Many
I look for the qualities, no matter what age. I've dated older and younger and found happiness in both. I must say the older were more mature than the younger and the same age, being about 20, went along much better because we had a similar amount of maturity, and immaturity. It all just depends. Find someone you love and go with it.:D hope that made sense...

pennycarrol

A-List Customer
indycop, we are all talking about legal love lol!!! My parents have 7 years of difference and everything is okay!! As I said before I'm 28 and my beautiful man is nearly 40... Actually I don't know him very much, and I don't know how to react when I'm in front of him!!! The fact that he's older push/pushes me under pressure!! But love is blind so......

indycop

I'll Lock Up
pennycarrol said:
indycop, we are all talking about legal love lol!!! My parents have 7 years of difference and everything is okay!! As I said before I'm 28 and my beautiful man is nearly 40... Actually I don't know him very much, and I don't know how to react when I'm in front of him!!! The fact that he's older push/pushes me under pressure!! But love is blind so......
Ok! haha nothing to see here , I'll be moving back to the hats now!:rolleyes:

40 huh, I'm 39 so if he is anything like me or I am anything like the normal 39+ year old, Then just feed him good!!lol lol :eusa_doh:

pretty faythe

One Too Many
I'm usuallly attracted to men a few years older than myself, (generally a 10 year range, I'm 33) thinking that they will be a bit more mature (yeah, right lol) Although right now, my current....ummmm....attraction shall we say is four years younger.

Undertow

My Mail is Forwarded Here
My experience tells that it's not the age but the personality that makes the difference.

As others have stated before on this thread, if you're in love, if you share common goals, if you share common values, if you share common interests...why not?

I'm in a relationship like this right now and we have a 7 year difference. Sure people scowl or roll their eyes; sure people make some pretty rude assumptions. However, we met, I courted her, we started going steady and we're really happy together.

The only thing I can think of that actually brings age into the picture is (me being older) I need to exhibit ample patience. Sometimes young ladies are more energetic, more emotional or just plain mean. I have to remind myself most people calm down with age. But that can technically apply to anyone...

So once again...age doesn't really matter...

R

Ron

FWIW there is a 14 year difference between my wife and me.

She is 51, I am 37. We married about 11 and a half years ago. We haven't been too aware of the difference, mainly because her mother and my grandmother are about the same age, and my grandmother raised me (my mother died when I was about a month old) as the "mother figure" until dad remarried when I was 9 or so. We had almost the same upbringing.

We did notice during our first year of marriage that waiters would leave the check on her side of the table. As a testament of her good looks and my failing looks, I have been getting the checks for about 9 years :)

Edward

Bartender
pennycarrol said:
Yes, it is true!! But you know, the difference is bigger between a woman who is 18 and a man who is 30... In my case I'm 28 and I think he' s 40... It's not the same.... And there is no differences between 45 and 55... That's my point of view... And RetroModelSari, everybody tell me that this man is 40, that he's too old, that he's going to cheat on me blah blah blah lol... I'm sure that there are some 40 years old interesting man lol!! My english isn't perfect sorry ladies!!

I agree with your points here. As one gets older, on a sliding sale an age-gap can be bigger without it being so creepy. Had I actually had a girlfriend when I was 18, anything more than two years youn ger would have been creepy; at 27 I got involved with a girl who was just shy of seven years younger than me. Now, there were serious maturity issues there and that eventually ended very badly a couple of years later, but nonetheless, I think that had more to do with the individual than the age gap. I do think the reality is that it has less to do with chronological age and more to do with life experience, or stage of life you're at. Someone who leaves formal education at 16 is a very different person by 20; those of us who stayed in full time education came out of university very different people than we went in, and had changed a lot by the time we'd been out in the world five years again. M<uch after that, the pace of change slows down...

Jovan said:
What seems weird to me is how it's more generally acceptable for the man to be older but not the woman. A bit hypocritical.

Absolutely. Gender shouldn't make a difference, but of course it does. There's a point where a guy who has a fling with "the older woman" is jack the lad, and then much above 25, it all turns and it's about the younger. What really gets me is when you hear of these pupil-teacher affairs, and the same guys who are preparing the pitchforks and flaming torches when it's a 37 yo male teacher and a 16yo girl are the ones who think it's all fantastic and refuse to accept that any abuse at all can possibly have taken place with the genders reversed. Not that that's the same situation as we're talking about in this thread, but it's the same root hypocrisy based in sexist delusions of male superiority.

Miss Brill said:
I've always dated men around my age & younger. I prefer my own generation. I like boys who were raised with girls who were allowed to wear jeans to school, and saw their mothers going to work, and doing things for themselves. Men who aren't afraid of women/feminists. I want to be treated like a person, I don't want to be on a pedestal, and I don't want to be talked down to, both of which seem to be typical "older man" behaviors. Some "older men" act like women are from another planet--like we have this weird brain, and weird body, and they can't make either happy.

I think you're exactly right. I'd be perfectly happy to go with a five year age gap either way. After that.... eee, no. I compromised on that once, and it got really messy. Sure, age is only a number, but still.... it's normally not a bad guide in the general run of things to where people are at. I simply don't think I could relate to someone of effectively a wholly different generation to the degree I'd feel necessary in that sort of relationship. I feel most comfortable around people with the same interests, who have grown up with the same cultural reference points and so on (even with folks my own age, I'm slightly at a loss there, being an immigrant). The pool of other single folks in my own generation is ever-shrinking which makes it less and less likely that it'll ever happen, but I can't see me ever wanting to get involved in a big generation gap relationship. There are some compromises that I just would rather be on my own than make. That said, whatever works for others: horses for courses and all that - I've never been one to look down on someone else's choice of partner (provided they're both happy and noone is taking advantage of the other in any sense) simply because their choice wouldn't be mine. and I really don't think that it should matter which way round the genders are in any age gap case...

Foofoogal

Banned
We have a family story that says my grandmother (mamette) was 12 yrs. younger then my grandfather (papette). Their families knew each other and mamette would shine his shoes for him to go out on dates. I guess one day he started looking differently at the shoe shine girl. They were married a very long time. lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
usleathermart