Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ahoy, matey! A Just for Fun hat

Brad Bowers

I'll Lock Up
From the Golden Era of...Piracy:)

My brother wanted a pirate hat for his Halloween costume, from whatever felt I had available. This piece had a hole in the brim, which I put to use. It doesn't look right, blocked on a fedora block, and I'm sure the brim could be larger. And it would probably look more authentic being a darker color, though perhaps a waterproofing of oil or wax would help that.

But then, it was just for fun. Now, if I had only felt like tackling a bound edge...

PirateyHat1.jpg

Pirateyhat2.jpg

Brad Bowers

I'll Lock Up
Thanks, fellas. I thought the burn on the hole was nice touch, gave it some character. It does need something else, binding, feathers, gold braid. I'll let me brother figure that one out. It was fun to make something out of the ordinary, that's for sure.lol

Brad

Maj.Nick Danger

I'll Lock Up
Brad Bowers said:
Thanks, fellas. I thought the burn on the hole was nice touch, gave it some character. It does need something else, binding, feathers, gold braid. I'll let me brother figure that one out. It was fun to make something out of the ordinary, that's for sure.lol

Brad

Make some more. :)

Brad Bowers said:

Pirates were a slovenly bunch (apart from the Wall Street types). Pour a pint of dark rum over the crown, add a few powder stains, and adjust the bash having just eaten a Philly cheese steak (and without washing your hands) and presto: you're there!

Sardou

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
yeah- that's a lot of fun!

you could weather it with tea, you know- soak it in a pot of tea, let the coloration make it aged looking.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy