Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Air Travel with Vintage Makeup

Spiffy

A-List Customer
I'm flying across the country in a few days, and I'm worried about transporting my cold cream and witch hazel.

Will my cold cream explode, or separate, or just become ineffective if I pack it in my checked luggage?? I know that in the storage areas of planes it's colder and I'm worried something weird will happen and I'll arrive at my destination with exploded mineral oil in my suitcase.[huh]

Help please!

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
It will be perfectly fine. Make sure it's well-secured and put everything in ziplock bags, because it will usually leak just a bit.

rmrdaddy

One Too Many
I've traveled with witch hazel, which make a great after shave skin toner. Just don't take a new full, sealed bottle and you will be fine.

Blondie

Practically Family
Ziplock bags are a girl's best friend when it comes to traveling !
Bubblewrap them ( if you think they might break ) check the lids are on securely and ziplock em, they should be fine.

Bubbly

New in Town
Hello! This is my first post, so forgive me for just jumping in!

Have to agree with the rest, and especially with rmrdaddy. Make sure it's ziplocked up well and don't bring a full container with you. Either that, or get some smaller containers that you can put your favorite products in, so they aren't in the original containers, and ziplock them well.

If you're truly worried about the possibility of expansion or exploding in the baggage hold, then I would say leave them home and pick some up when you reach your destination.

Have a safe and fun flight!

ShoreRoadLady

Practically Family
I want to say that I traveled with cold cream a while back, but I can't remember. [huh] Either way, I'd just make sure the jar isn't brand new, and stick it in a Ziploc baggie. Things can expand and contract, so the Ziplocs prevent spills. I don't think I've ever had any beauty product change consistency on me.

Naama

Practically Family
Don't worry! It'll be fine! I don't know if you can do that in the USA as well, but when you have a small tube only, you can carry it in your hand bag (I think till 100ml? not sure)

Last autumn I was traveling by plane, and I was afraid that something might happen with the hair spray (exploding or something lol ) so I didn't took it with me. The friend I visited was quite surprised when I told her about that ^^ Now I wonder how I even had ideas like that.....

Naama

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy