Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Akubra Bushman and new member

schwert

New in Town
First, I am a new member here. I found The Lounge while looking for a new hat. This looks like a fun place. I usually wear an Akubra Lightning Ridge.

My search goal which brought me by The Lounge, was to find a hat similar to this one worn by Calvin Rutstrum. Currently I am looking at the Akubra Bushman or Squatter as likely candidates. Calvin recommended the open crown look and removed the sweat band also, but I will probably go for a bit of a bash. Calvin likely wore a Stetson or other US hat, but I tend to prefer the Oz versions.

rutstrumchallenge2b5500jn.jpg

from Challenge of the Wilderness, Calvin Rutstrum 1970

schwert

New in Town
The modern shot is me in my Akubra Lightning Ridge.

My historical interests are in the 30's-40's centered around folks like Calvin Rutstrum, Sigurd Olson, and RM Patterson, outdoorsmen and authors.

SHARPETOYS

Call Me a Cab
Welcome and nice lid.

WElcome are you looking for gold or opals?? I lived in Alaska and panned for gold alot. I got a 2 oz. nuggett once. :cool: I guess you could be making coffee

Sharpry

schwert

New in Town
Sharptoys,

That is a Kelly Kettle, a double jacketed water boiler....in this case for tea. No Opals or gold nuggets....at least in the kettle. :cool2:

Biltmore,

This Akubra is one from the Heritage line in Fawn. Brim is 3" and Crown 4.5". Opal in band and precreased.

I live about 5 miles from David Morgan who both sold me the hat and taught me to braid leather.

1625fwn_detail.jpg

Here is a 10' Kangaroo Bullwhip Morgan braided along with my old Stetson (Grandfather's) that the Lightning Ridge has essentially replaced. Knife by Grant Hawk.

English Bob

New in Town
Lightning Ridge

Nice hat Schwert I haven't heard of a Lightning Ridge but it looks very similar to my fawn Coober Pedy

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24