Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Akubra Campdraft

Neophyte

My Mail is Forwarded Here
AF, I agree with you on the looks of the Cattleman's crease on the Campdraft. It looks great. I did the same thing with my Tawny Fawn CD, though I don't wear it much anymore as I don't much like the color.

JTopenroad

One of the Regulars
Atticus...That is one fine looking Camp Draft. Do you notice a significant difference in quality or feel in the heritage?

mattface

Practically Family
Awesome looking hat, Mattface. I noticed your earlier post about hatpins and checked out your link and found the price for the sterling pin to be quite affordable. My silverbelly will be on my head tomorrow morning.
Merry Christmas everyone.

Those are the best pictures of a glen grey Campdraft I've seen. I think that would be a great hat for next year. Hee.

Congrats Mattface! These pics are great. A Glen Grey Campdraft is one of my next planned Akubras.

Man Matt great hat!!!
I thought it was a bluegrass geen Campdraft????

Thanks all! It is indeed Bluegrass, and it's quite green in person, but it's tough to capture the color in photographs.

naughty elf by mattface, on Flickr

Last edited:

Atticus Finch

Call Me a Cab
Atticus...That is one fine looking Camp Draft. Do you notice a significant difference in quality or feel in the heritage?
Thank you!

Well, I'd like to say that the Heritage is miles above the Imperial in quality, I but I really don't think it is. But my opinion about hat quality has to be tempered by the fact that I still don't know much about hats...at least as compared to some folks here. The Heritage CD has a nice, wide sweat band that reminds me of the sweats in vintage Stetsons. And the Heritage's felt is marginally more dense that that of the Imperial. Truthfully, the Imperial quality CD is a darn nice hat. I'm thinking that to get much above Akubra's Imperial quality, one would have to look toward at least 50% beaver felt...and I think I am correct in saying that the Heritage is still 100% wild hare.

But I can say this: The Heritage CD is miles above my modern Open Road in quality.

AF

Chuck Bobuck

Practically Family
I believe it is Bluegrass.

I would like to see some good pics of a Glen Grey though - if I were to get another CD, that's probably what I'd go for.

Looks good with the Stratoliner pin, Matt.

Not great pics, but I'll share what I have...

IMG_3462-1-1-5.jpg

Glen Grey (L), Moonstone (R)...

GlenGrey_Moonstone-3.jpg

After a walk in the snow (under incandescent/daylight mix)...

2010_12001.jpg

Edward

Bartender
Just ordered my first Campdraft: a Deluxe in Silverbelly. It was either that or another of my beloved Federations, but the Campdraft won out on grounds of the windtrolley, given our current weather over the past few weeks.

Atticus Finch

Call Me a Cab
Just ordered my first Campdraft: a Deluxe in Silverbelly. It was either that or another of my beloved Federations, but the Campdraft won out on grounds of the windtrolley, given our current weather over the past few weeks.

I wore my CD Deluxe to work for the first time, yesterday. Man, am I glad I had it cattleman's creased! Call me crazy, but I like that style with a suit much more than I like a fedora with a suit.

AF

Edward

Bartender
I wore my CD Deluxe to work for the first time, yesterday. Man, am I glad I had it cattleman's creased! Call me crazy, but I like that style with a suit much more than I like a fedora with a suit.

AF

Ah, you're in cowboy country, aren't you? ;) I'm looking forward to it arriving - I'll be bashing mine fedora style, though. ;)

zetwal

I'll Lock Up

Nothing crazy about that at all. It's just a matter of taste and personal style and comfort. Enjoy!

Sam Craig

One Too Many
I'm thinking about adding to the gray collection this year and I'm wondering if the Glen Gray CD would be a good choice?

I really enjoy my gray Squatter, and the blue tint is beautiful, but I'm hoping Glen Gray is a little truer gray.

How about it, gray CD owners?

Gray/gray, or does it have a tint?

Thanks,
Sam

monbla256

Call Me a Cab
I'm thinking about adding to the gray collection this year and I'm wondering if the Glen Gray CD would be a good choice?

I really enjoy my gray Squatter, and the blue tint is beautiful, but I'm hoping Glen Gray is a little truer gray.

How about it, gray CD owners?

Gray/gray, or does it have a tint?

Thanks,
Sam

Sam,
From what's listed on Akubra's site, the Glen Gray looks to only be available on two models, the Snowy River and the Cattleman. It looks to be a light/mid grey not as blue as the Steel Grey the Squatter comes in. It's not listed as an available color in the CD. :(

Neophyte

True, but HatsDirect regularly gets shipments of the Campdraft in Glen Grey. I think it may be one of those "store-exclusive" types, like the Bluegrass Green from EverythingAustralian.

Last edited:

RBH

Bartender
Here is Mr Paladins GG Campdraft.. I beleieve he was one of the first to post this color Campdraft.

At 1300 hrs. today, a knock on my door heralded the prompt and on-scedule arrivbal of my new glen Grey Camp Draft! I've had no time to do anything with it yet but here it is -pristine and un-creased, (but darker than I thought)...YEE-HAW! :D :D :D

Am I the first to get mine in? I ordered later than several of you, if so, I am surprised.

CampDraft001.jpg

CampDraft002.jpg

CampDraft003.jpg

CampDraft004.jpg

Neophyte

On on page 217, exactly 2 pages before this one, a fellow Lounger Chuck Bobuck posted several pictures of his on GG CD, including a shot comparing it to a DavidMorgan Akubra Squatter in Moonstone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24