Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Akubra Campdraft

oh well if it is a bluegrass green I can now order myself a taupe fawn ;) Hopefully I don't get sent another bluegrass green.
If you post a photo of your hat (or a link to a photo of your hat) before you order another one, we can probably confirm which color it is.

I'd like to thank you gentlemen for your kind assistance. I just ordered a Taupe Fawn Campdraft from Everything Australian. The price wasn't quite as good as it was last week, and for some reason they only offered the 3-4 day shipping (which cost an extra $5), but the total price was still less than the cost of the Campdraft that I bought earlier this year so I feel like I got a bit of a deal. I hope I'll still want it when it arrives in approximately three months. :D

Last edited:
Perspective is a funny thing. When I got my Silverbelly Campdraft in September, I really liked it but thought the brim might be a bit too wide for me. Then I received my Tawny Fawn Fed IV in October, I've worn it almost every day since, and I really thought the dimensional brim suited me much better. This week I've been wearing my Campdraft again because of the sunny and unseasonably warm weather here in southern California, but today I decided to wear my Fed IV. Just before leaving the house I caught a glimpse of myself in the living room mirror, and my first thought was, "Wow, this brim sure is narrow." lol

Last edited:

Landman

One Too Many
I have several Campdrafts including the special ordered bluegrass green with the shorter 2 5/8" brim. I like all of them but have come to really like the 2 5/8" brim on the bluegrass. For me, that is the perfect length brim if I'm going to wear the hat with the front brim down. If I'm going to wear a hat with the brim up a longer length is better.

I have one deluxe silverbelly Campdraft that I have always felt looked a little big on me. I thought it was because I creased the crown a little higher than my other hats but then the other day I noticed in the mirror it was the brim and not the crown. I measured it and sure enough the brim was a tad longer than my other standard length Campdrafts. It was right at 3" instead of the standard 2 7/8". I removed the brim binding and trimmed 1/8" off of it and now I think it looks great. I have had that hat for 2 years and knew something was not quite right with it but it wasn't until I got the shorter bluegrass that I realized it was the brim. It is amazing how much difference just 1/8" can make.

Preacher Man

A-List Customer
Zombie I agree with you on the Tawny Fawn and Whiskey colors. I wish Akubra would make those colors in the Campdraft and with the 2 5/8" brim. I like my Campdrafts a lot, but like Mike said, I'm beginning to think the 2 5/8" brim would be just about right for me. I've got a big, well, a great big noggin and wider brims look better on me. Maybe we can persuade Akubra to make another special 2 5/8" edition in Tawny Fawn or Whiskey, maybe both! I know I'd be in on one of each!!

Duper

Practically Family
Sam was a huge help last year. I don't mind asking if you think there is enough interest. It might take a few weeks to get an answer as I think the factory closes down over Xmas and the New Year. Sam would require a minimum order, payment up front and then I expect at least 10 - 12 weeks manufacturing time.

Black would be original.

So if another 7 members will speak up now and say they are interested, I will touch base with Sam.

Black, 2 5/8 bound brim.

I would really like some branding on the sweat that said Fedora Lounge. Would be worth a few extra bucks, but add some more character.

I will start a separate thread if things start moving along and Sam can get agreement from Akubra.

Blackthorn

I'll Lock Up
Sam was a huge help last year. I don't mind asking if you think there is enough interest. It might take a few weeks to get an answer as I think the factory closes down over Xmas and the New Year. Sam would require a minimum order, payment up front and then I expect at least 10 - 12 weeks manufacturing time.

Black would be original.

So if another 7 members will speak up now and say they are interested, I will touch base with Sam.

Black, 2 5/8 bound brim.

I would really like some branding on the sweat that said Fedora Lounge. Would be worth a few extra bucks, but add some more character.

I will start a separate thread if things start moving along and Sam can get agreement from Akubra.
Count me in!

viclip

Practically Family

Black would be original.

Black, 2 5/8 bound brim.

I'm game

Duper

Practically Family
Ok, I have emailed Sam to inquire on him brokering a black Campdraft. A search of older threads shows that it was once available in black from EA, so maybe it is not too big a leap to reinvent this hat.

Akubra must still have the DNA, so we hopefully we can Jurassic Park this edition.

Last edited:

Blackthorn

I'll Lock Up
Ok, I have emailed Sam to inquire on him brokering a black Campdraft. A search of older threads shows that it was once available in black from EA, so maybe it is not too big a leap to reinvent this hat.

Akubra must still have the DNA, so we hopefully we can Jurassic Park this edition.
Well said, Duper.

Duper

Practically Family
Sam has answered back that he will inquire with Akubra when the factory reopens in a couple of weeks. Until then we can try to drum up some interest so we can give him some perspective numbers. If we can't hit the minimum order number it will wither on the vine quickly.

Lotsahats

One Too Many
I might be interested in a black Campdraft. How does the Campdraft compare to the new Stetson Premiere Stratoliner? Characteristics seem close--bound edge, thin ribbon; are the open crowns and the brim-widths the same?

A

Duper

Practically Family
Only 6 showing interest in a special order black CD with the 2 5/8 brim so far. I expect we could need 4 or 5 times as many to make this a go, if Akubra agreed to do it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Antonio925