Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Akubra Campdraft

univibe88

One Too Many
Stop thinking about the CD and get it. You'll love it!

The CD runs big. Go with the 58. I wear exactly a 7 3/8 in all of my other hats. When I bought my CD I bought a 58 and a 59. The 59 was way to big and I ended up selling it here. The 58 fits me perfectly.

Chuck Bobuck

Practically Family
I'm 7-3/8, or 23", and both of my CD's are a 59. While they started out a little big, they fit perfectly now. As you wear them, sweat in them and expose them to the elements, the more the leather sweatband conforms to your head.

Duper

Practically Family
Hi daddydg, I had asked the same question of Hats Direct earlier this week and the response from Jenny at Hats Direct was:

"I've just measured the Campdraft brim and it measures 73mm."

I had also asked about them trimming the brim slightly and rebinding the edge before shipping it but unfortunately they were unable to do it.

daddydg

New in Town
Hats Direct CAmpdraft is 73mm.

Looks liek Hats Direct's Campdrafts do have 73mm brim, just like all the others. The website simply has a typo.

Here was the email reply I rcvd from them:
Hi Dan,

Oops, -I didn't write the website, but I can apologise and pass on the need for correction to the relevant person.
Unfortunately, ours is standard as all akubras are- very rarely do they vary from the prescribed dimensions.
I have heard that an order for 200 will get them to do a 'special edition',

Best regards,
Tara Lilburne
sales@hatsdirect.com

Ordinary Guy

One Too Many
daddydg said:
Looks liek Hats Direct's Campdrafts do have 73mm brim, just like all the others. The website simply has a typo.

Here was the email reply I rcvd from them:
Hi Dan,

Oops, -I didn't write the website, but I can apologise and pass on the need for correction to the relevant person.
Unfortunately, ours is standard as all akubras are- very rarely do they vary from the prescribed dimensions.
I have heard that an order for 200 will get them to do a 'special edition',

Best regards,
Tara Lilburne
sales@hatsdirect.com

With that info in mind, all we need are 200 Loungers to order a MOONSTONE Campdraft for a special edition and we have it .......

Get a list going STAT lol

Mr. Paladin

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Fredthecat said:
How would Moonstone CD differ in color from the available Glen Grey?

Perhaps a darker grey with less blue hew than the Glen Grey?

I'm in for a 58,
FTC

I think the moonstone is a lighter grey with more blue tone than the glen grey CD. Thats how my moonstone FEDIV compares with my glen grey CD.

Chuck Bobuck

Practically Family
Moonie...

Squatter_1-2-1.jpg

Glenny...

IMG_3462-1-1-3.jpg

CW from top - Moonie, Glenny, Carby...

Fed_Sqt_GGCD_top-1.jpg

Fredthecat

One of the Regulars
I'm in

Thanks for the color help. Photos help.

Glen grey Camp Draft on order.

Please add me to any potential list for order for Moonstone Camp Drafts (now we need only 190 more).

Fredthecat

Fredthecat said:
Thanks for the color help. Photos help.

Glen grey Camp Draft on order.

Please add me to any potential list for order for Moonstone Camp Drafts (now we need only 190 more).

Fredthecat
You need to go to Hats Direct website & send them a message so they can see how many of us are interested. That's how we got the Glen Grey version.

redhawks2

One of the Regulars
Just curious...can't Akubra use the moonstone body used for the Fed IV and make a camp draft out of it?? I've also sent in my request for a moonstone camp draft some time ago. The interest on Akubra's part seems to be lacking. [huh]

redhawks2 said:
Just curious...can't Akubra use the moonstone body used for the Fed IV and make a camp draft out of it?? I've also sent in my request for a moonstone camp draft some time ago. The interest on Akubra's part seems to be lacking. [huh]
I think Akubra will make the run if a vendor is signing up to move the minimum number. I'm not sure Hats Direct has moved all the Glen Grey CDs they ordered. I guess they have to get so many in a range of sizes & we all know, not all sizes sell the same. I know we've had a few express interest but don't think we've hit 50 total hats... [huh]

My latest addition to my Campdraft Corral...

The green Campdraft is now with my Silver Belly, Glen Grey & Mid-Brown. Purchased from Cookie in Australia, this one will probably become my Go-To field hat & retire the Riverina...
cdgreen1.jpg

cdgreen2.jpg

cdgreen3.jpg

The noggin shots...
cdgreen4.jpg

cdgreen5.jpg

Dundee

A-List Customer
gtdean48 said:
The green Campdraft is now with my Silver Belly, Glen Grey & Mid-Brown. Purchased from Cookie in Australia, this one will probably become my Go-To field hat & retire the Riverina...
The noggin shots...

cdgreen5.jpg
That is a good go to hat for out of doors. :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnmichael