Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Akubra Campdraft

KY Gentleman

One Too Many
IC- I really like the Campdraft avatar. I'm fighting the urge to order another Akubra. Yours looks great and its not helping my resolve.

indycop

I'll Lock Up
KY Gentleman said:
IC- I really like the Campdraft avatar. I'm fighting the urge to order another Akubra. Yours looks great and its not helping my resolve.
You and me both !! I am trying to hold out til the morning and see what the going rate is. If it drops more I may fall off the wagon.

carter

I'll Lock Up
Arachnid anyone?

indycop said:
When I went looking for everything Australian I stumbled upon some cool hatpins for these great Aussie hats! go toward the bottom.

http://www.everythingaustralian.com/olsouvpin.html

I like this one
evryaustralian_2023_548807
:eek: !
It's advertised as a pin not a hat pin. Too big for a hat? Probably a good thing. Otherwise any hat you put it on would likely get bashed with all sorts of blunt instruments on a regular basis.
;) :beer:

RBH

Bartender
indycop said:
Does anyone have a picture of a silverbelly and a taupe fawn together?
While I do not own a silverbelly Campdraft, and I cant go into how I know right now. I can tell you the two colors are nowhere alike. The tawny fawn is brown in color while the silverbelly is a much lighter color.
If I did not own two silverbelly colored thin ribbons already I would not hesitate getting a silverbelly Campdraft to have with my tawny fawn one.

I think we will soon have a thin ribbon explosion around here! :eusa_clap

indycop

I'll Lock Up
RBH said:
While I do not own a silverbelly Campdraft, and I cant go into how I know right now. I can tell you the two colors are nowhere alike. The tawny fawn is brown in color while the silverbelly is a much lighter color.
If I did not own two silverbelly colored thin ribbons already I would not hesitate getting a silverbelly Campdraft to have with my tawny fawn one.

I think we will soon have a thin ribbon explosion around here! :eusa_clap
They call it taupe fawn but I assume thats the same as tawny or is it more of an indy brown?

BobC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I think tawny fawn is more like my heritage fawn colored Fed. The taupe fawn looks lighter to me, like more of a beige.

indycop

I'll Lock Up
BobC said:
I think tawny fawn is more like my heritage fawn colored Fed. The taupe fawn looks lighter to me, like more of a beige.
Now see I think of the silverbelly as a kind of beige. I want to order one but not if it's going to look almost exactly the same as the one I already have.:(

Colby Jack

Call Me a Cab
IC...I think the tawny will be a brown, more mocha colored hat. It will look different from the silverbelly. I believe my Adventurer is tawny...if so...I want a tawny Camp Draft asap...:D

indycop

I'll Lock Up
Colby Jack said:
IC...I think the tawny will be a brown, more mocha colored hat. It will look different from the silverbelly. I believe my Adventurer is tawny...if so...I want a tawny Camp Draft asap...:D
I could not take it anymore when I saw the price this morning I had to pull the trigger! I ordered a Taupe Fawn Campdraft for myself and a Dark Brown Federation for Dee.:D

BobC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
indycop said:
I could not take it anymore when I saw the price this morning I ad to pull the trigger! I ordered a Taupe Fawn Campdraft for myself ansd a Dark Brown Federation for Dee.:D

In this case and similar ones (such as me) I think weakness should be considered a virtue. :D I'm so tempted to pull the trigger on a moonstone Fed! You guys are killing me, ordering all these hats! :eek:

indycop

I'll Lock Up
BobC said:
In this case and similar ones (such as me) I think weakness should be considered a virtue. :D I'm so tempted to pull the trigger on a moonstone Fed! You guys are killing me, ordering all these hats! :eek:
You are not alone! I am checking hatsdirect more than I am cigarbid this week.:eusa_doh:

KY Gentleman

One Too Many
DARN IT! I went an ordered a Campdraft at Hats Direct.

I hope it looks as good as Colby Jacks and IC's.....

I can hear my wife- "ANOTHER HAT?".

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21