Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Akubra Campdraft

Rodkins

Call Me a Cab
USPS does the same thing some times...like I said, this same thing happened to me with my own BG Campdraft lol.

I'm pretty sure that it will be there tomorrow :).
I hope yours came in today, Randy. I'll post some pics up when I get a chance.

theinterchange

One Too Many
The Bluegrass Campdraft arrived!

I'm quite pleased with the color, it's rich yet not harshly green. The hat itself is a little more on the fuzzy side than any Akubra I've owned, but EXTREMELY soft and floppy! :D

5082157275_82a113ce80_b.jpg

5082752358_bf6eed0cc1_b.jpg

5082160653_3e5453050a_b.jpg

5082760406_212e3c2538_b.jpg

I just dry bashed it, and am still tweaking everything as I go along. [note that the left side of the pinch loosened when I stuck the hat on my hand for these photos] Needs some steam to get the ribbon ends going the right direction.

Will get some head shots tomorrow.

Thanks for all those who've posted their Bluegrass CD's lately, you pushed me in the right direction!

Randy

Last edited:

Mr E Train

One Too Many
Looks great, well done! My BG is definitely softer and less stiff than my Silverbelly. It's probably just be my monitor, but in those photos yours looks more brown than green.

theinterchange

One Too Many
Thank you!

It's the incandescent lighting, actually. I didn't fiddle with the photos before uploading to Flickr, just resized. [I may do that and replace 'em.]

Done..

Last edited:

Duper

Practically Family
Very nice Interchange. :eusa_clap The BG CD has been my hat of preference for a number of weeks now. Now we just need your noggin shot.

theinterchange

One Too Many
Very nice Interchange. :eusa_clap The BG CD has been my hat of preference for a number of weeks now. Now we just need your noggin shot.

Very nice Randy, I like that crease.
I dry creased my silver belly Campdraft. So far I have not needed any water to get it to hold.

Thank you both! I'm quite pleased with how it turned out. And like I said, will get the head shot tomorrow.

Randy

Neophyte

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Man, Randy, I wish I was half as good at achieving that "nonchalant", hand-bashed look.

For some reason, I can only seem to make symmetrically perfect pinched telescope/teardrops...

:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

theinterchange

One Too Many
Man, Randy, I wish I was half as good at achieving that "nonchalant", hand-bashed look.

For some reason, I can only seem to make symmetrically perfect pinched telescope/teardrops...

:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

Thank you, sir! :eek: But, I must say that it's only recently that I begun getting the sort of nonchalantness to my bashes that I've always preferred. On this hat, I literally just punched in the crown then pinched the front. [Though I did have to redo the first attempt when I got the pinch too off center]

Randy

Rodkins

Call Me a Cab
Here's my new bluegrass green campdraft out of the box:
1f1e173b.jpg

And a few after bashing:
8a569a34.jpg
6083af76.jpg

fb4b4dae.jpg
1518f060.jpg

The color in the outside shots is pretty close to the real deal.

Rodkins

Call Me a Cab
I'm quite pleased with the color, it's rich yet not harshly green. The hat itself is a little more on the fuzzy side than any Akubra I've owned, but EXTREMELY soft and floppy! :D

I just dry bashed it, and am still tweaking everything as I go along. [note that the left side of the pinch loosened when I stuck the hat on my hand for these photos] Needs some steam to get the ribbon ends going the right direction.

Will get some head shots tomorrow.

Thanks for all those who've posted their Bluegrass CD's lately, you pushed me in the right direction!

Randy
Awesome hat Randy! I'm glad you got yours as well.

Rodkins

Call Me a Cab
It wouldn't. You just need to get accustomed to it. :)

I'll definitely give it a chance. I love that BG color. I'm not comfortable wearing my brown hats with black belt/shoes or my black/grey hats with brown belt/shoes but I can wear the BG with either comfortably I think.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic