Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Akubra Campdraft

theinterchange

One Too Many
I CAN'T TAKE IT ANY LONGER! I just ordered a Campdraft in Silverbelly from Australian Gear and it couldn't have been easier. They do have a Paypal option. It is an 11 week wait but that's OK. This will be my first Akubra.

Well done! They're a fantastic hat, that's for sure!

Congratulations Crazy Legs and welcome! I have about 5 weeks to go waiting for my Mid Brown. You will love the Campdraft! Most of us here agree with Deputy Swoopy; The CD is in perfect balance, crown to brim.

It is a well balanced hat. Looking forward to pics of your Mid Brown, I really want one someday.

Randy

Neophyte

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Congratulations Crazy Legs and welcome! I have about 5 weeks to go waiting for my Mid Brown. You will love the Campdraft! Most of us here agree with Deputy Swoopy; The CD is in perfect balance, crown to brim.

Exactly. Cross-posted from the WHAYWT thread:

JustMeandMeHatto.jpg

I honestly don't have any desire for another Campdraft. The shape of this hat is perfect, and green is my absolute favorite color. Sorry, Silverbelly!

Last edited:

Jim2903

One of the Regulars
I CAN'T TAKE IT ANY LONGER! I just ordered a Campdraft in Silverbelly from Australian Gear and it couldn't have been easier. They do have a Paypal option. It is an 11 week wait but that's OK. This will be my first Akubra.

Hey, we can wait it out together! I finally ordered yesterday when AG suddenly started carrying the CD and put it on sale to boot ...

Jabos

A-List Customer
I feel lucky for stopping by this thread and learning of the bluegrass green. Wow, what a color. I ordered one when I noticed EA was out of some sizes but still had a 58. Whew. My first fedora was a tawny fawn cd. I chose to make it my beater to wear working in the yard, hiking, etc. and it just keeps rockin along taking the abuse in stride. Is this a test run of the bluegrass or a true limited edition?

Last edited:

Neophyte

Is this a test run of the bluegrass or a true limited edition?

As I understand it, the Campdraft used to be available in Tawny Fawn, Silverbelly, Bluegrass Green, and Black. Bluegrass Green and Black were discontinued, and at some point Glen Grey was added to the list of available colors.

Apparently, enough people petitioned to EA that Sam was able to get a limited run of CDs in Bluegrass Green, a total of 50 or so. I'm guessing Akubra didn't just dump the dye somewhere, so limited runs can probably still be made as long as enough people are committed to buying them.

So yes, it seems it's truly a limited run.

There was a Mid-Brown run as well. The Glen Grey run was done by Hats Direct after lobbying by the Loungers. We tried for a Moonstone but seem to have come up short. The Green CD I bought secondhand from Cookie is a Willow green according to him, which was a discontinued color as well.

theinterchange

One Too Many
They used to, but I guess it wasn't a hot seller. I'd like to see one out of curiosity.

I personally don't think I'd ever go out and buy a black hat. I do own one, but it's not "mine"... a western that previously belonged to my grandfather.

Randy

Neophyte

I'd venture to say that in Australia, a black hat would suck hard during the summer, and here in the US, many consider black too harsh a color!

Neophyte

Ha! On the contrary, I care very little what others think! I just have a big head, and smaller, taperd hats make my head look...wierd, to me. Most of my hats are in the 2 3/4'' to 3'' range...the Bogart's got a puny 2.5'' lol!

I'll admit, though, the few Bogart's I've seen around the Lounge had tons of pizazz. Very cool hats :).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Skipbarnes