Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Akubra Campdraft

RBH

Bartender
Here are a few shots of my mid brown Campdraft taken when I got it and creased it.

002ibn.jpg

013x.jpg

015.jpg

016e.jpg

Chuck Bobuck

Practically Family
I don't believe I've seen a Sky Grey Akubra, anyone else heard of that color? I wonder how close to Moonstone it is? Excuse me, I have to go wipe a little drool off my chin.

Last edited:

Jabos

A-List Customer
I googled Campdraft in an attempt to find an American supplier and save the shipping costs, to no avail. However, I ran across this company in Australia who offers a much wider choice of colors than I realized existed. Do any of you have the medium brown?
http://www.thehatstore.com.au/process/shop/productView.html?itemId=12859

You probably already know this, but check Hats Direct and Everything Australian. EA has a cool bluegrass color mentioned a few pages back.

Last edited:

BobC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I googled Campdraft in an attempt to find an American supplier and save the shipping costs, to no avail. However, I ran across this company in Australia who offers a much wider choice of colors than I realized existed. Do any of you have the medium brown?
http://www.thehatstore.com.au/process/shop/productView.html?itemId=12859

I have a mid brown, and there are a few others here as well. I wonder if you contact them would they tell you that some of those colors are no longer available and they haven't updated their site?

The Good

Call Me a Cab
I don't believe I've seen a Sky Grey Akubra, anyone else heard of that color? I wonder how close to Moonstone it is? Excuse me, I have to go wipe a little drool off my chin.

I don't own one yet, but I must say, the possibility of a light grey Campdraft has left me curious as to what one looks like as well. Maybe I'll check that out if they still offer it two months later, if I'm not going silverbelly (I don't know, maybe sky grey is closer to the Stetson look of the color).

Neophyte

I was under the impression that Sky Grey was discontinued a LONG time ago. As in, they were talking about it being discontinued near the beginning of the Akubra Overload thread. So...if you get one...you'll be wearing a piece of Akubra history lol!

Last edited:

The Good

Call Me a Cab
What a shame then, a moonstone-esque color would be great for that style. The fact of the matter is, I think I actually like Stetson's and Resistol's version of the silverbelly color better than Akubra's, although it's still a nice choice, just not what is traditionally associated with silverbelly in the United States.

Neophyte

The fact of the matter is, I think I actually like Stetson's and Resistol's version of the silverbelly color better than Akubra's, although it's still a nice choice, just not what is traditionally associated with silverbelly in the United States.

There is no question.

Chuck Bobuck

Practically Family
:)
And yet, there it is.

Or, there it ain't and like Bob C. suggested, the website may not be updated with what's currently available. There's been buzz about a light grey Campdraft for a long time. If there was a light grey CD available, I'm sure one of us would know. Actually, I'd probably be wearing one right now. :)

I predict someday, a sky grey or moonstone CD will be available. Or should be.

Last edited:

W4ASZ

Practically Family
:)

Or, there it ain't and like Bob C. suggested, the website may not be updated with what's currently available. There's been buzz about a light grey Campdraft for a long time. If there was a light grey CD available, I'm sure one of us would know. Actually, I'd probably be wearing one right now. :)

I predict someday, a sky grey or moonstone CD will be available. Or should be.

Among all other things, the Akubra is a hat of Mystery !

Neophyte

Indeed, I got a response from Marion as well, who says that she might have someone she can contact at Akubra to get some Campdrafts in black. Apparently a LOT of us have been contacting her recently lol.

She also told me that all Campdraft colors available currently are on indent, meaning essentially the three month wait you'll find at EverythingAustralian [huh].

W4ASZ

Practically Family
Indeed, I got a response from Marion as well, who says that she might have someone she can contact at Akubra to get some Campdrafts in black. Apparently a LOT of us have been contacting her recently lol.

She also told me that all Campdraft colors available currently are on indent, meaning essentially the three month wait you'll find at EverythingAustralian [huh].

Arrangements would have to be made if the CD were to become available in black or sky grey, wait or not.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
usleathermart