Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Akubra Campdraft

Neophyte

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Well, on mine, that kinda just happens with wind exposure, or carrying the hat at an angle...it just flops back. The one on my Tawny Fawn flipped back from wind during a rainstorm, developed a crinkle due to the moisture, and now stays in that position.

By the way, excellent shot Jabos, you own that hat and your wife has great taste :D!

Jabos

A-List Customer
Thank ya fellers. I couldn't believe it 17 years ago when she said yes to a date, and still can't believe it. She is beautiful inside and out.

Okay, back to the hat . . . Randy, that ribbon was like that out of the box. I haven't done anything to it, and don't know what I can do with it. Open to suggestions.

CRH

Call Me a Cab
All these new Campdrafts make me think I might need to get mine reblocked to remove the taper.

Nahhh. I just need to get a new one.

In silverbelly! :D

Jim2903

One of the Regulars
Looks like the exchange rate has really taken a turn for the worse. Two weeks ago, when I placed my order for a Campdraft at AustralianGear.com, the price was $93.80 US (shipping included). Now it's up to $100.98 US, which they show as $96.55 AUD. Crikey ... nine weeks to go for my silverbelly CD ...

theinterchange

One Too Many
Looks like the exchange rate has really taken a turn for the worse. Two weeks ago, when I placed my order for a Campdraft at AustralianGear.com, the price was $93.80 US (shipping included). Now it's up to $100.98 US, which they show as $96.55 AUD. Crikey ... nine weeks to go for my silverbelly CD ...

I think they must jack with their prices... I just checked EA's price and it's the same USD figure as I paid for my Bluegrass Green Campdraft.. I lost track of when that was now.

Randy

theinterchange

One Too Many
I correct my previous statement, there is a price difference between what I paid for my CD + postage on October 8 and what it would cost me today....

$0.11 [that's eleven cents, folks]

Randy

Jim2903

One of the Regulars
Just visited EA ... AUD price on the Campdraft is $90 (had been $88 for a while); hit the US conversion and the price goes UP (albeit just 42 cents) instead of DOWN like it had been doing. Exchange rate is most definitely not in our favor at the moment. But I think AG is playing with their prices more, probably because they include shipping and are trying to cover more of their cost.

Jim2903

One of the Regulars
Actually, I think the CD had been $90 AUD at EA ... I was thinking of the Squatter, which is still $88 ... but the US conversion is pushing the price up instead of down.

theinterchange

One Too Many
Speak for yourself my friend. I think the exchange rate is just dandy.

Don't count me in on the whining. lol

I am not going to cry over $3. Now if I was going to buy 1000 hats, that would be different.

+1!!!

I don't get why people are so lathered up about a trivial difference in dollar value when it only amounts to relatively cents toward a purchase. [huh]

As I just said in the Aussie Dollar thread, I like the product and I'm willing to pay what I have to to get it in my hands...

Randy

monbla256

Call Me a Cab
Don't count me in on the whining. lol

+1!!!

I don't get why people are so lathered up about a trivial difference in dollar value when it only amounts to relatively cents toward a purchase. [huh]

As I just said in the Aussie Dollar thread, I like the product and I'm willing to pay what I have to to get it in my hands...

Randy

I agree 100%. Price is what it is when ya buy :) I've seen the same thing, and heard the same thing in the watch collecting communities over the years. as collectors, we tend to think it ALL is what we want !! Hats are NO different from any other manufactured item sold in the world today !! Prices are ALWAYS relative to a variety of factors at any given time ! :)

theinterchange

One Too Many
My point exactly!

Plus as I've said, the current Campdraft price with EXPEDITED postage in USD from EA is only eleven cents more now than it was a month ago when I bought mine... well four days lacking a month.

VitaminG

One of the Regulars

Randy

So you're NOT one of these people that burns $5 in gas driving around for a $0.02 saving at the pump? ;) :D

theinterchange

One Too Many
Go back to June, 2010 when the AUD was at 0.81 USD. Today, it is at 1.01 USD. The AUD is up 25 % - in under six months.

Still, if you're not willing to pay the exchange difference, don't buy. [huh] On a small figure item like an Akubra, it really doesn't amount to that big a difference... the hat is still well worth the price. ;)

So you're NOT one of these people that burns $5 in gas driving around for a $0.02 saving at the pump? ;) :D

Nope! Though, I know folks who will and do. :eusa_doh: I can see going across the street for a few cents cheaper price if you're into that sort of thing, but not a trek over all Creation to save a few cents.

Randy

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnmichael