Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Akubra Campdraft

DarthBish

Familiar Face
I'll admit that I've been a bit of a Fed IV fan, but recently had the chance to pick up a CD Silverbelly at a very good price.

Frankly.....I LOVE it...the high crown reeeeeeeeally does it for me.
It's a terrific looking hat

MarkD

One of the Regulars
Both of mine are 2.75" as is my open road. All the way around and very consistently. Yours looks right are you sure about that?

MarkD

One of the Regulars
Whoops, yes I should have stated that I measured on the top. I am surprised you get 2.5" on the top. Mine are all the same.

Neophyte

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Whoops, yes I should have stated that I measured on the top. I am surprised you get 2.5" on the top. Mine are all the same.

Alright, thanks! Flattening out the brim a bit, I measured it on top again and it did in fact measure ~2.75''.....odd. Former posts deleted.

Gromulus

Practically Family
Wow, after that Bluegrass Green tsunami, Campdraft acquisition has taken a dive lol!

It would seem that way although I am expecting a Taupe Fawn Campdraft any day now to go with my Silverbelly. Very nice hats. I suppose I need to start posting some pics!

I am also awaiting an Acorn Stylemaster in the same shipment from HatsDirect. Although I hope to get a Bluegrass Green CD if and when they make another run, these will be my last hats for a bit, especially since I just bought a (used) sea kayak, a deal I just couldn't pass up (or so I tell my wife!)

Last edited:

Neophyte

It would seem that way although I am expecting a Taupe Fawn Campdraft any day now to go with my Silverbelly. Very nice hats. I suppose I need to start posting some pics!

I am also awaiting an Acorn Stylemaster in the same shipment from HatsDirect. These will be my last hats for a bit, escpecially since I just bought a (used) sea kayak - a deal I just couldn't pass up - or so I tell my wife!

Uh, yeah, pics would be nice! lol

Looks like you've got a good variety of hats in your collection or on the way--congratulations!
Also: thumbs up on the sea kayak!

Neophyte

This is cross-posted from the WHAYWT thread, but since I haven't worn the Campdraft that much since getting my Lightning Ridge, I felt it was a special occasion :p:

DailyHat1-2.jpg

JimWagner

Practically Family
At lunch today two guys at the next table were eyeballing my Campdraft sitting on a chair. As I got up to leave one asked me where I bought it (HatsDirect) and they both made notes about where and what the style was called. Probably won't be too long before there are another couple of Campdrafts in my area. ;)

At lunch today two guys at the next table were eyeballing my Campdraft sitting on a chair. As I got up to leave one asked me where I bought it (HatsDirect) and they both made notes about where and what the style was called. Probably won't be too long before there are another couple of Campdrafts in my area. ;)

Yeah, more hat aficianados! Good job Jim!:D
(I mean that in a good way).

EggHead

Practically Family
I have 2 Akubras and wear them both, placed an order for a third one. I think my 4th may be Silverbelly Campdraft. That will have to wait 'till next summer.

Duper

Practically Family
I have 3 Campdrafts with the Bluegrass being my favourite. I walked into a local speciality Scottish & Irish store with my wife this past weekend wearing my BGCD and the salesperson behind the counter announced loudly for all in the store to hear "That is one wicked hat!". I thanked him and advised him that maybe he should branch out into "Scottish, Irish and Australian wear". Later that same day, same hat I walked into an American Eagle store to shop for something for my teenage son and I was again greated by a store clerk who told me "That is a beautiful hat." Twice in one day. Yes, there truely is something about a BGCD.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy