Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Akubra exclusives for Strand - "Swing" and "Adventurer"

MattJH

One Too Many
Point of interest post. Never heard of the Akubra Adventurer until now.

I sent this email to Strand Hatters yesterday:

Dumbjaw said:
To whom it may concern,

I understand these models are exclusive from Akubra for Strand Hatters. I only see information on them here:

http://www.strandhatters.com.au/se/default.ehtml

Here's what I'm able to ascertain:

The Legend comes in Regency Fawn, Graphite Grey, and Fern Green. It is an open crown with a larger brim.

The Strand comes in Regency Fawn and Graphite Grey. It is an open crown with a narrow snap brim.

I'd be interested in a photograph of these hats, if possible, along with dimensions and measurements. What sizes do these hats come in? I'm a 61 or a 62, depending. What is the crown height, brim width, and ribbon dimensions on each hat? What is the price of each hat in US dollars?

Are there other Akubra exclusives that Strand Hatters offers? Is the Swing model an exclusive?

Thank you!

They replied with:

Strand Hatters said:
Hi Matt

The reason you cant find more information or pictures on The Strand and The Legend is because these hats have been discontinued. We have replaced them with The Swing which is exclusive to Strand Hatters and The Adventurer which is also exclusive to our store. The Swing tends to be a tighter fit so I would recommend a size 62cm which only comes in regency fawn and would take approximately 3 months to order in. The Adventurer is a fashion style with a pinch in the crown made of heritage quality felt and with a broader brim of 76mm front and back and 70mm on the sides. It comes in a maximum size of 61cm but is looser fitting than the Swing. We have a 61cm in willo green colour and will have regency fawn in 61cm at the end of the month.

I hope this information is useful.
All the best
Rhiannon at Strand Hatters

Duper

Practically Family
I just recently joined Instagram and I have to say that The Strand Hatters site is now a favourite of mine. Lots of nice hats portrayed either out and about or in a shop display or worn by the staff.

,,,Mike in Canada

Last edited:

89quattro

One of the Regulars
Based on the thread title, for a moment I was excited that there may be some new styles from Akubra...

Nope, just a reply to a post from 8 years ago. :(

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy