Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Akubra Overload

Neophyte

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Hmmm...I'll try it out, but I like what DiggerHistory calls the "Fore to Aft" bash, especially the version of it that DavidMorgan has depicted in their images. Then again, that lemon squeezer looks pretty cool :).

Last edited:

monbla256

Call Me a Cab
You're welcome!

They are much smoother... softer out of the box, too.

I'm curious, are these shots of the underside of the brim, from relatively new hats? I've noticed with my Imperial grade felt Akubras that the MORE weather they get the SOFTER & SMOOTHER the felt gets. My 30+ yo Bushman is a VERY soft hat now , in fact the brim now goes down ALL around and won't hold a "snap brim" shape anymore ! ( my 3.5 yo is not this soft, but I'll check with ya in 27 years from now and let ya know how it is :) )

Neophyte

.... famous Slouch hat to the Australian Armed Forces. Looks like they are MUCH older than Akubra !! Started in 1835 !! They are based in QLD so mabe some of the Forumers from there might know more about them !! :)

http://www.mountcastle.com.au/index.html

I was under the impression that the Australian military no longer purchases their slouch hats from Akubra (price reasons or some-such). This MountCastle site leaves a lot to be desired; three-fourths of their webpage is "under construction" lol!

Blackthorn

I'll Lock Up
contacted Hats Direct about better color selection for CEO, Fedora and Bogart....

...and they said they'll do a special order for 50 hats or more. I'd like a Bogart in tawny fawn. I'd settle for the CEO or the Fedora in Tawny Fawn. Do we have have 49 more who want that kind of hat? OK, I know I'm paddling upstream. But it'd be such a nice color for a non-Indy hat.

Neophyte

...and they said they'll do a special order for 50 hats or more. I'd like a Bogart in tawny fawn. I'd settle for the CEO or the Fedora in Tawny Fawn. Do we have have 49 more who want that kind of hat? OK, I know I'm paddling upstream. But it'd be such a nice color for a non-Indy hat.

A Bogart in Tawny Fawn sounds great. Unfortunately none of these hats would work on me, so I can't throw my name in the pile :(. Good luck!

Neophyte

If you go to the FederationIV page on HatsDirect, click the color box and scroll down to Tawny Fawn. It oughta show the TF then: http://hatsdirect.com/cgi-bin/products.cgi?view=51&returncat=Fedora+Hats&returnpage=0

Additionally, the Campdraft in Taupe Fawn is extremely close to Tawny as well: http://hatsdirect.com/cgi-bin/products.cgi?view=50&returncat=Fedora+Hats&returnpage=0

If Randy is around and reads this, he's got an exquisite Tawny Fawn Akubra Federation around here somewhere (I think the latest page on the "I love the FedIV!" thread has a picture of his lid.

monbla256

Call Me a Cab
Nice color. Thanks but I've got my fathers Rittenhouse which looks to be the SAME color :) And it has a bound brim which I'm VERY partial to ! :)

Squatter1018.jpg

BinkieBaumont

Rude Once Too Often
My Moonstone arrived yesterday and I picked it up From OutBack red this afternoon, it was special oder and I waited three months for it, worth the wait, can not understand why it is not a standard colour here in Australia VitaminG do you think the factory waits until it has enough orders to whip up a batch of moonstone fur felt?

5166517560_16833c074d.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou