Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Akubra Overload

James71

A-List Customer
Akubra Homburg in acorn, with dark brown trimmings. Exclusive to the Hattery and arrived today.

1ed4ec67.jpg

Landman

One Too Many
Just a little update on my new Akubra Campdraft Deluxe in size 60. I put some sizing spacers in it and I'm afraid it is just too big. I've decided to sell it and wait for the size 59 I ordered. If anybody would like it just send me a PM and I'm sure we can work something out. If nobody here wants it I will probably list it for sale on Ebay. Thanks.

NivlemRulz

New in Town
Does anyone have any feedback about the capricorn? I've been thinking about getting a nice summer hat, and I love my Fed IV deluxe so I would definitely stick with Akubra

Duper

Practically Family
Hi NR, there are a few threads on Capricorn,, and even some very recent entries. Have a look at the sticky near the top of the Hats thread on how to easily search the Fedora Lounge and all will be revealed. I own a Capricorn and it is a nice summer hat. I does size slightly differently than the other Akubras in my experience.

Florida_Marlin

One of the Regulars
Easter with the Campfraft

My Gray Campdraft never looked so good. Maybe it was the company! Happy Easter from Florida Marlin and Mrs. Florida Marlin.

be7dfdd5.jpg

abfeacfd.jpg

Florida_Marlin

One of the Regulars
I like to see more men with large-brim and tall-crowned hats. I have a few myself, but feel like I'm the only one. Large hats are a little bolder.
Thanks. I love my tall crown, wide brim hats. I'm tall and lanky, and short hats with small brims make me look like a pencil with an eraser on top!

jff

New in Town
hats direct i purchased two hats at one time. a campdraft deluxe size 60 and a fed IV deluxe 61. problem started the usps crushed the box and my brother in law signed for the package. took a lot of pictures of the damage emailed hats direct got emal back telling me sorry for the problem and what they think i should do to fix the problem i.e. reshaping the hats. hats direct thinks that stuffing one hat inside the other and shipping this way is cost effective they destroyed the ribbon and deformed the hats. i know that the major damage was done by the united states post office they are to blame but hats direct is also responsible for damaging the hats due to poor shipping practices. i seen the pictures of other peoples hats and brother my experence is much different. bencrafter hats new york city brooklyn i purchased two hats at one time a borsalino and a stetson they were packed one each in its own hat box then place in another cardboard box this time shipping was perfect pleasure doing business with someone that knows what there doing. you think hats direct can learn something here. i have ordered nine hats in one week all brand new over 1500 dollars.

KyleK

One of the Regulars
hats direct i purchased two hats at one time. a campdraft deluxe size 60 and a fed IV deluxe 61. problem started the usps crushed the box and my brother in law signed for the package. took a lot of pictures of the damage emailed hats direct got emal back telling me sorry for the problem and what they think i should do to fix the problem i.e. reshaping the hats. hats direct thinks that stuffing one hat inside the other and shipping this way is cost effective they destroyed the ribbon and deformed the hats. i know that the major damage was done by the united states post office they are to blame but hats direct is also responsible for damaging the hats due to poor shipping practices. i seen the pictures of other peoples hats and brother my experence is much different. bencrafter hats new york city brooklyn i purchased two hats at one time a borsalino and a stetson they were packed one each in its own hat box then place in another cardboard box this time shipping was perfect pleasure doing business with someone that knows what there doing. you think hats direct can learn something here. i have ordered nine hats in one week all brand new over 1500 dollars.

HatsDirect sent me two Campdraft's in one box a couple of years ago. A tawny fawn inside a glen grey. The TF had deep indents on the side of the crown that took steam and some work with a serving spoon to mostly remedy - regular wear and exposure to the elements eventually got rid of the rest. The GG was in perfect shape!
Definitely was disappointing when I first opened the box.

Preacher Man

A-List Customer
I'm like you Florida Marlin, I like my tall crown, wide brim hats; Campdrafts! Got a Taupe Fawn and the Heritage Silverbelly. Got my eye on ordering a Glen Gray.
Looks great on you! By the way, you two are quite a handsome couple! God Bless.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner