Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Akubra Overload

CRH

Call Me a Cab
Okay, so Sam emailed me back from Everything Australia about the fuzzy Snowy River, and says that the long haired furfelt was a finish they use to do on a model called the "Jack High". Both the "Jack High" model and the option for the White Snowy River have both been discontinued. It appears that when he put the custom order in for the white Snowy River, this was just what they supplied, and maybe be the only white they had. His exact words were that my hat may now be a "collector piece" lol . The other hat on the order was a Navy hat and he was told that that model in that color was now discontinued which is why the order had to be changed and took a little while longer than normal. So there you go. I just got lucky.

Now, does that mean they have the ability to do a long furfelt and just no longer do it? Would they do a special run in one model if say a bunch of people really wanted one? What model would people want in a shaggy furfelt?

Either way, it's a really nice hat and I'm very happy with it.

Some of our best art and style is due to the common screw ups. Call it a Bush Baby, Lando, 'cause it ain't a Snowy River.

tuco1963

One of the Regulars
i just got my akubra slouch and compared it to my akubra digger from eddie bauer
its the same hat yet the digger has thicker stiffer felt diffrent yet the same
i luvem both equaly

tuco1963

One of the Regulars
I've got a slouch too. What sort of crease are you going to give it? Post up a pic.

ive been trying to download an image since 3 pm est with no luck
i want a tear drop bash like a fedora but both insist on a diamond bash im trying to resize my pics to see ifthey mightupload ifnot i will retry to pic them
i swear i belong to four forum and this is the biggest pita to post to
charlie
forgive the punctuation and spelling its almost my countries birthday and im rocking!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

viclip

Practically Family
Quote Originally Posted by tuco1963 View Post
i just got my akubra slouch and compared it to my akubra digger from eddie bauer
its the same hat yet the digger has thicker stiffer felt diffrent yet the same
i luvem both equaly
I've got a slouch too. What sort of crease are you going to give it? Post up a pic.

Speaking of the Akubra Slouch, I wouldn't mind picking up this khaki item with its 3-1/2" brim. However I have no practical application for the "slouch" feature.

I get the impression that the brim isn't permanently affixed to the crown i.e. that it can be lowered to the usual brim position. It would then make a great hat for protection against the elements including direct sunlight.

Can the brim in fact be unslouched?

viclip

Practically Family
It can be unhooked. There is a hook on the side of the crown. Mine goes up and down, depending on my mood.

Thx very much for your response with photos to boot, now I appreciate the versatility of these slouch hats.

One (1) Akubra Slouch added to my shopping list.

Enjoy the remainder of your holiday weekend!

tuco1963

One of the Regulars
ive been trying to download an image since 3 pm est with no luck
i want a tear drop bash like a fedora but both insist on a diamond bash im trying to resize my pics to see ifthey mightupload ifnot i will retry to pic them
i swear i belong to four forum and this is the biggest pita to post to
charlie
forgive the punctuation and spelling its almost my countries birthday and im rocking!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
P7110024 (Small).JPG P7110025 (Small).JPG P7110026 (Small).JPG P7110027 (Small).JPG
SUCSESS CATTUSS SUCCESS
i have uploaded

tuco1963

One of the Regulars
I folded the pug myself. Its not as hard as you might think. Google search "how to fold a pug". This one was only my second attempt.

What is the pin on your hat? It looks like compass headings.
it is a compass heading
the wife helped me make it from things we picked out at hobby lobby.
i wanted an adventure hat to wear when ive got the doors and roof off my jeep jku wrangler and the pin matched a jeep tire cover im still looking to buy , if i can ever get over the price!

Jedwbpm

One Too Many
Here is my slouch after some time in the snow. I just took an order today for one. The customer wants us to put a centerdent with a pinch in it and to flange it as a down brim.
snowonslouch2.jpg

Jeff

tuco1963

One of the Regulars
never even thought of a slouch in the winter BUT why not!!!!!!!!!

is it me or could the slouch be the perfect outdoor adventure hat.

i mean charlton heston wore it in the treasure of the incas and sean connery rocked it in extrodinary league of gentleman .

Unkei

New in Town
Cockatoo

Hi,
Is anyone here familiar with the Akubra Cockatoo? I have one in a grey color, purchased many years ago. I have checked the Akubra website and am unable to find any info on it. Is it an out of production hat? It is a wonderful Akubra which fits like a glove and I would welcome any info anyone here might have. Will try to post a photo later today.
Cheers,
Unkei

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apachepass