Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Akubra Overload

Fed in a Fedora

Practically Family
Redshoes, as far as I'm aware the Akubra Federation is exclusive to Hats Direct in Australia.

Well, the Federation is exclusive to that company, but others offer a similar style known as the Adventurer:

http://www.everythingaustralian.com.au/shopexd.asp?id=1020

Looks precreased, but I think that it can be ordered open crown - you might ask Sam.

http://www.davidmorgan.com/product_info.php?products_id=1128

The ad even states open crown.

I looked at these, but just got another Campdraft instead.

Fed

Well, the Federation is exclusive to that company, but others offer a similar style known as the Adventurer:

http://www.everythingaustralian.com.au/shopexd.asp?id=1020

Looks precreased, but I think that it can be ordered open crown - you might ask Sam.

http://www.davidmorgan.com/product_info.php?products_id=1128

The ad even states open crown...
According to the information on the various websites the Adventurer has a slightly wider brim than the Fed IV, and it also appears to have a slightly tapered crown, but once it's creased the casual observer probably wouldn't notice a difference between the two.

Jim Flynn

Familiar Face
Hi there, Jim... I will probably find this by reading back through the postings.... from which company did you place your order? I've been looking for one as well...

Thank you in advance...

~shoes~

Hi Redshoes,

As has been said I purchased from Hats Direct as there doesn't appear to be another option. I had hoped to find a UK stockist but there doesn't appear to be one. Postage is quite expensive I have to say but with luck I won't be hit with import tax!

Aether

One of the Regulars
Jim - I ordered a Campdraft from HD earlier in the week so I'm hoping my hat slips under the UK Customs radar too! As others have mentioned, purchases from the US always seem to get picked up on, but it seems that parcels from Oz don't get nabbed quite as often. Here's hoping :pray:

stratcat

One of the Regulars
Jim - I ordered a Campdraft from HD earlier in the week so I'm hoping my hat slips under the UK Customs radar too! As others have mentioned, purchases from the US always seem to get picked up on, but it seems that parcels from Oz don't get nabbed quite as often. Here's hoping :pray:

My purchases from HD have always escaped import duty but I've had to pay VAT and Royal Mail's handling fee on all but one.
Good luck!

Historyteach24

Call Me a Cab
Just got my new Tablelands from Everything Australia and I must comment on just how damn awesome Sam is. He bent over backwards to get me a hat that I would love and returned every email lightning fast. He did great work on the kangaroo barrel strap that you see in one of the final photos. The purpose of this hat is to be my go to outdoors hat when hunting, fishing kayaking or just working hard in the yard. Strap was vital because of my love of the water and I think this hat will do an awesome job filling that hat need.

Chamuco

I'll Lock Up
Need your input here..

I am looking to buy the Campdraft in Bluegraas green, and I need help.

Can I crease that one into a kind of Maltese Falcon shape?

Also does anyone has that hat in that color, the color looks different in my phone that what it looks like in my computer, is it a nice looking versatile color?

I am worried I will end up looking like in a costume for St Patrick´s day.

Any input is very very welcomed !!

Have a nice weekend to all of you guys !

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vladyslav