Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Akubra Overload

Dundee

A-List Customer
Akubra acorn fawn Stylemaster

Just received this yesterday from fellow lounger carldelo. My only short crowned fedora. I did rebash the crown to straiten up the side taper.

cid__1224091456.jpg

theinterchange

One Too Many
I Pulled The Trigger And Things Went Off!

I'm now anxiously awaiting the arrival of a new Taupe Fawn Campdraft from HD! Gotta love relatives who give you cash for Christmas, makes hat buying quite enjoyable!

Randy

Dundee

A-List Customer
theinterchange said:
I'm now anxiously awaiting the arrival of a new Taupe Fawn Campdraft from HD! Gotta love relatives who give you cash for Christmas, makes hat buying quite enjoyable!

Randy
I know you will enjoy the hat. It is great to have understanding relatives.;) :) ;)

theinterchange

One Too Many
Dundee said:
I know you will enjoy the hat. It is great to have understanding relatives.;) :) ;)

Tell me about it!

I changed my order from taupe fawn to silverbelly though. I couldn't get that color out of my mind. I'll probably get the fawn too but most wanted the silverbelly.

Randy

Havana

One of the Regulars
Being a long time Akubra fan, I just had to make a contribution to this venerable thread. I can’t even recall all of the Akubras that I’ve owned over the last ten years but I now clearly have my favorites. I like the Federation III’s for fedora wear and the Cattleman for very casual and outdoor wear. This first pic is of a Federation III in tawny fawn set with a C-crown. I wish they would offer these again. I think they were just perfect. I just don’t like the dimensions of the Fed IV.
KeyWest5-094.jpg

This one is a Cattleman in sand. The Cattleman is one of the most popular models in Australian and with good reason. I think it’s simply one of the best outdoor hats for the money. Extremely functional and tough.
YucatanC12-19-0846-1.jpg

These last two are of a very well worn and well loved fawn Cattleman. These hats are easy to find and replace but I think I would literally cry if anything ever happened to this old beater.
CartagenaS12-15-0916.jpg

actionshots685.jpg

MCrider

A-List Customer
Havana said:
Being a long time Akubra fan, I just had to make a contribution to this venerable thread. I can’t even recall all of the Akubras that I’ve owned over the last ten years but I now clearly have my favorites.

Besides having some well loved Akubra's, it looks like they are also well traveled! But then again that's what they're made for aren't they?
;)

hatted

One of the Regulars
Campdraft no longer available in black or gray

According to Stephen Neiberding at Nungar Trading Company, the Campdraft is no longer available in black & gray, even by special order. This is a truly awful state of affairs!

theinterchange

One Too Many
A Tase of Photos to Come...

My Camp Draft arrived today.

4246103055_95c5736eb4.jpg

Lets say things weren't pretty... at first. More pics to come tomorrow, I'm still getting over the heart attack inducing condition my hat arrived in. :eek:

I will say that things are okay now. :)

Randy

theinterchange

One Too Many
indycop said:
A common sight for boxes from down under. Somewhere there is an evil postman....

It for sure ain't my postman! He told me that this morning as he got his packages, he figured there was damage when he saw the box.

There was brim damage, but things were righted by steam, thankfully. :eusa_clap

Randy

theinterchange

One Too Many
Open Crown, Open Possibilities

As you've seen, my Camp Draft's box was boogered up, as was the brim. Thanks to a little steam, things are good as new. And BEAUTIFUL may I add!

4248863301_537c0f772b_o.jpg

NOTE:: This ISN'T the box it came in, it's actually the box my Federation Deluxe came in.
4249637708_644ea19bf9_o.jpg

There are only a few slight signs of the severe indent on the brim, which should work their way out with wear.

I'm amazed at how chameleon like Silverbelly is. Each light source I've had the hat under makes it appear a different shade.

In terms of the felt quality, I'd say it's comparable to the Heritage felt of my Fed IV Deluxe. I'm correct that this is a common comparison, right?

Still can't decide what this hat wants, so I may take a few days to bash it. Anyone have suggestions?

Hey Australian Loungers, just curious, but what sort of bashes are traditionally put in the Campdrafts down there?

All in all, it's another win for Akubra and Hats Direct!

Randy

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
usleathermart