Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Akubra Overload

G MAN

One of the Regulars
What size do you wear?
I'm a size 59, seems that stock is very low at Hats Direct and Everything Australian.
This is okay with me as I just spent some money on myself and am probably going to wait a few months for the next hat.
I was recently in JJ Hat Center and was looking forward to purchasing an Open Road while I was there but the staff told me that it's been a while since they had any in stock.
Not a total waste as I got to see Kevin in the flesh, I regret not telling him how much I enjoy his YouTube page. https://www.youtube.com/@quadrogong1111
I'm always asking myself if I need another hat and eventually the answer comes to me.

Last edited:

G MAN

One of the Regulars
I got my last one from Hats by the Hundred. Service was good and free untracked shipping from Australia that came with a tracking number!
I had a bad experience with them a while back and when I contacted them, they blew me off with no attempt to make things right so I will not buy from them again.
I would rather pay more or go without.
Their loss because since then I have bought 10 more Akubra hats from Hats Direct and Everything Australian with no issues.

Last edited:

dkstott

Practically Family
Raindrops are falling on my Akubra
20221207_082043.jpg

Mm25

Practically Family

Snowman

Practically Family
We don’t see them often, but I’m pretty sure I’ve posted mine before. I find the taper and smallish brim lead me to choose other Akubras ahead of it, so it mostly sits.
View attachment 471951
We don’t see them often, but I’m pretty sure I’ve posted mine before. I find the taper and smallish brim lead me to choose other Akubras ahead of it, so it mostly sits.
View attachment 471951
It’s funny how a 3 inch brim can seem small, but the way these are shaped make them look and feel smaller. I haven’t worn mine yet, but I think I will enjoy it as a casual hat.

Mm25

Practically Family
It’s funny how a 3 inch brim can seem small, but the way these are shaped make them look and feel smaller. I haven’t worn mine yet, but I think I will enjoy it as a casual hat.
Agreed, I think the taper contributes to that small feeling but, like all Akubras they are tough, well made hats and will serve you well for casual use.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zonko