Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Akubra Rodeo Red Ascot or Cornwell

Barb

One of the Regulars
http://www.akubra.com.au/products_special.html

I've been exchanging email with Hats Direct. They will have more info tomorrow but say they can get me either of these two for January delivery as they are placing another order on Monday. Apprx $105 AUS plus shipping.

The Ascot looks like "my style". I'd rather buy this from one of the supporting US Vendors here even if it cost a bit more but haven't seen the option on any sites for this kind of order. (I would pay in full in advance either to Hats Direct or ?).

tandmark

One of the Regulars
Hi Barb,

The US distributor for Akubra is David Morgan, whose shop is located in an industrial park a few miles from here. I haven't visited there for at least a decade, but remember David himself as being a very nice guy. He'd probably be in his 80s now, so the shop's likely run nowadays by some younger Morgan.

Hats Direct outside of Sydney, you've already discovered: Great folks with a nearly complete range of Akubras.

Then there's Everything Australian in Melbourne. Prices there a bit lower than at Hats Direct, same great customer service -- must be an Australian trademark. I've only ever bought boots from them, but wouldn't hesitate to get a hat there as well. One aspect of their shipping might worry both you and me, and that is that they typically ship via FedEx. For what it's worth, those EA boots were the only time that a FedEx delivery came off flawlessly for me.

Cheers,
Mark

Barb

One of the Regulars
I saw the Red color on the Everything Aussie site

which is what got my attention. They also quote a 90 day delivery. But since I already had such a great experience with Hats Direct, I asked them via email. (You probably know how I feel about Fedex..)

I might give David Morgan a call on Monday. (But I didn't see anything on the site about special orders.)

I think everyone in the hat business I've interacted with thus far falls into the "extremely nice" category.

Thanks for the info..

tandmark said:
Hi Barb,

The US distributor for Akubra is David Morgan, whose shop is located in an industrial park a few miles from here. I haven't visited there for at least a decade, but remember David himself as being a very nice guy. He'd probably be in his 80s now, so the shop's likely run nowadays by some younger Morgan.

Hats Direct outside of Sydney, you've already discovered: Great folks with a nearly complete range of Akubras.

Then there's Everything Australian in Melbourne. Prices there a bit lower than at Hats Direct, same great customer service -- must be an Australian trademark. I've only ever bought boots from them, but wouldn't hesitate to get a hat there as well. One aspect of their shipping might worry both you and me, and that is that they typically ship via FedEx. For what it's worth, those EA boots were the only time that a FedEx delivery came off flawlessly for me.

Cheers,
Mark

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou