Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Akubra Safari-style hat, size 60

Blackthorn

I'll Lock Up
Dark green, size 60, 3 1/8 brim. $125 gets it shipped economy to CONUS

IMG_2289.jpg

IMG_2288.jpg

IMG_2291.jpg

IMG_2290.jpg

Landman

One Too Many
Blackthorn,

That's a neat one. Is that brim bound? In the first picture it looks like it might be. Could just be a shadow. Any idea what model this is?

Thanks

Blackthorn

I'll Lock Up
Hi Landman,

No, the brim isn't bound, sorry for the bad pics. I bought this on Ebay where it was listed as a Riverina, but there's nothing stamped on the sweatband that can substantiate that. I was actually going to list it as a Riverina, when I realized that all I had was that sellers word on it, and someone might take me to task for that.

Landman

One Too Many
Thanks for the info. I have a Riverina and I don't think that is what this is. I'll get mine out and take a closer look though. Whatever it is it looks like a nice one. Do you think it came open crown originally or is that a factory bash on it?

Blackthorn

I'll Lock Up
Thanks for the info. I have a Riverina and I don't think that is what this is. I'll get mine out and take a closer look though. Whatever it is it looks like a nice one. Do you think it came open crown originally or is that a factory bash on it?
It seems to be a factory bash, Landman. This is a VERY nice hat. After seeing your Riverina, I'm glad I didn't list it as such.

Landman

One Too Many
Blackthorn,

It looks like a great hat. I think I'm going to pass for now because I have a custom VS coming up. Good luck on your sale.

Blackthorn

I'll Lock Up
You've great hats but I'm a 62 or 7 & 3/4 incher so that doesn't help. I wish my noggin' wasn't so big!!!!!

Dave
You're right, Worf, all these are too small for you. In my storage unit (200 miles away) I have a beautiful vintage Borsalino that would probably fit you. It'll be a few weeks before I am down that way again, but if you'd like an affordable treasure in beaver felt, send me a PM>

Blackthorn

I'll Lock Up
I'm leaving on an international trip soon, so am dropping this to $80 so hopefully it'll sell in time for me to get it into the mail before I leave.

Blackthorn

I'll Lock Up
Thanks Mr. Bingley. I will be short on time before my upcoming trip (leaving next Tuesday), so keep checking here to find out what happens. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24