Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Akubra stiffness

blueAZNmonkey

One Too Many
Let us know how that turns out. I'm afraid that you can't make a silk purse from a sows ear and the potential in the Akubra won't be there either. We won't know until someone tries it.

Yeah there's a queue at the moment so I wouldn't get to it for a while =) I will say, though, that the hand-feel of my homemade pieces (which are made using modern felt caps) usually comes down to how much I pounce them. Repeated pouncing definitely makes the felt feel nice, although it doesn't really help with how mold-able the hat is.

EDIT: By mold-able, I refer to the ability for a hat to retain the shape it's been given without steaming.

Yeah there's a queue at the moment so I wouldn't get to it for a while =) I will say, though, that the hand-feel of my homemade pieces (which are made using modern felt caps) usually comes down to how much I pounce them. Repeated pouncing definitely makes the felt feel nice, although it doesn't really help with how mold-able the hat is.

EDIT: By mold-able, I refer to the ability for a hat to retain the shape it's been given without steaming.

Terry (@T Jones) seemed to have good luck deconstructing, pouncing, and rebuilding a new Royal Deluxe Stetson, so it may turn out better than you think.

Sent directly from my mind to yours.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points