Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Akubra Value is Soaring Right Now

Atomic Glee

Practically Family
From what I was told, Hatsdirect will be getting more Campdraft colors (I believe) and size 63s in stock in December. They put the order in last month.

Bluegrass Green Campdrafts will be limited to whatever the various retailers have in stock (probably not much) - Akubra told HatsDirect that they will no longer be making black or Bluegrass Green Campdrafts, so they can't be ordered anymore.

Colby Jack

Call Me a Cab
Can't wait to see you in it Carter!

We really need to start a strict Akubra thread as a historical piece...pictures...felt softness/firmness...the whole sha-bang! Then add it to the top threads...so when people ask about that brand we can direct them to it...

kaosharper1

One Too Many
Atomic Glee said:
From what I was told, Hatsdirect will be getting more Campdraft colors (I believe) and size 63s in stock in December. They put the order in last month.

Bluegrass Green Campdrafts will be limited to whatever the various retailers have in stock (probably not much) - Akubra told HatsDirect that they will no longer be making black or Bluegrass Green Campdrafts, so they can't be ordered anymore.

I just ordered a size 59 Campdraft in Silver Belly though its not shown on the web store. I emailed and they told me they had it in stock, so I grabbed it, $96 delivered. Email them and ask. They may have it.

carter

I'll Lock Up
Atomic Glee said:

Somebody had better tell EverythingAustralian. You can still order a bluegrass green Campdraft on their website. Akubra is still selling other models in that color felt so it would seem that a Campdraft in bluegrass green is possible via special order. My guess is, if there are enough orders (EverythingAustralian has a 3 month delay), Akubra will make the Campdraft in that color. Or Not. Anyone in Oz have insight into this?

indycop

I'll Lock Up
With all the attention on the campdraft has anyone noticed the squatter is only $58? And the boss of the plains only a buck more.

http://www.everythingaustralian.com.au/shopexd.asp?id=20

I always say the only modern non custom hat I am interested in is the campdraft, nostalgia if it gets a wide binding and an Allessandria. I must say though I think there may be no better time to stock up on Akubras! How low can they possibly go?

kaosharper1

One Too Many
indycop said:
I am going to see if it drops anymore then get that for my dad's Christmas present. And maybe one for me too;) .

I wouldn't count on it. The Aussie dollar has dropped a lot. There's bound to be a rebound.

Atomic Glee

Practically Family
indycop said:
With all the attention on the campdraft has anyone noticed the squatter is only $58?

Here's hoping similar prices hold out - I ordered a Willow Green Squatter when the Bluegrass Green Campdraft was no longer available. Since it won't ship for a while I'm hoping I'll time it well. :)

stibbons

New in Town
I for one hope the Australian dollar starts to bounce back soon. Sorry, gents. But with the exchange rate the way it is, Akubras are about the only felt hats I can afford. :)

That said,

Colby Jack said:
Can't wait to see you in it Carter!

We really need to start a strict Akubra thread as a historical piece...pictures...felt softness/firmness...the whole sha-bang! Then add it to the top threads...so when people ask about that brand we can direct them to it...

I completely and utterly agree with this!

Mike in Seattle

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Credit card companies don't allow a retailer to charge your card until the item is ready to ship. Too many people complaining about paying finance charges for a month or more between ordering an item and actually receiving it. So as long as the decline continues, you're ahead, but if it swings the other way in the next 3 months, you lose.

Colby Jack

Call Me a Cab
Thank you Stibbons...I love my Akubras..!:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

I think I'll be ordering a Fed Dlx soon...Sam from Everything Australian wrote back confirming the death of the green colored Camp Draft...and now that the Fed Dlx is around $120...it's more in my mad money ball park...lol

Colby Jack

Call Me a Cab
I'm backin' ya buddy!...Your Dad and you will look great together at Olustee!...Then you'll need matching hats for Dee and the critters...

Rick Blaine

My Mail is Forwarded Here
AKUBRA SWING, AT LAST!

Given the superior exchange rate I finally succumbed (what, again?) to my baser nature and acquired this Akubra swing I have been eyeing (lusting after, I mean just look at that color!) for over a year. What th' hey, it'll likely never get this cheap again, eh?

strand3.jpg

One oh seven and change, shipped & insured from OZ.

And I must say Strand Hatters had a personal follow-up email to me within ten minutes informing me it'd ship first thing Monday morning (Sunday evening here)... 'Can’t wait
!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24