Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

AL - Simmons Bilt!

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
Also, the thing about being tagged a 44 but fitting as "exactly the same as an Aero 40", that, I think, was Will's attempt to circumvent any accusations of pattern theft: "Look, they're much slimmer fitting:eusa_doh:!"
Aero actually have a video of one of AL's size 42" HWM rip-0ffs being deconstructed by an expert, who identifies that it's an exact copy, right down to the construction methods, of Aero's HWM 38".

Last edited:

Big J

Call Me a Cab
Also, the thing about being tagged a 44 but fitting as "exactly the same as an Aero 40", that, I think, was Will's attempt to circumvent any accusations of pattern theft: "Look, they're much slimmer fitting:eusa_doh:!"
Aero actually have a video of one of AL's size 42" HWM rip-0ffs being deconstructed by an expert, who identifies that it's an exact copy, right down to the construction methods, of Aero's HWM 38".

Sounds interesting. Was it used in court only, or can you give me a link?

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
It was referred to in passing during the trial - when Ken told the court that around two-thirds of AL's jackets were Aero copies - but the report and accompanying video are likely to form part of any IP case.

IXL

One Too Many
I guess we better count ourselves lucky there aren't any members who are stunt pilots who take offense at the use of the word 'barnstormer', or any home-brewers who take offense at 'bootlegger'!

In Oklahoma, we use the term "bootlegger" with pride! ......"Gov'mint Man," on the other hand.....:D

Bunyip

Call Me a Cab
Website has changed again. All the sale stock that was advertised the last bit is now gone and the old demo/ used ones are back. Some of the pages still aren't loading etc...not the most seamless change over.

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
The "About Us" is also different from what it was yesterday. No mention of Mr. Lauder today. [huh]

Last edited:

Big J

Call Me a Cab
I see the address is now simmonds bilt.

I've just read Simmons Bilt's new 'about us' blurb. I can't stop laughing!

New website, new name, new logo, Simmons Bilt, Simmons Bilt, Simmons Bilt! and yet, 'Alexander Leathers', 'We at Alexander leathers', 'Here at Alexander Leathers', 'Building on our experience as Alexander Leathers', hell, they used Alexander/Alexander Leathers 10 times (by my count) on the Simmons Bilt info page! lol lol lol lol lol

And to top it all, Toohey has put his name at the bottom. Can Sandy Alexander really trust this effort to people so dim that after buying an out of use brand name, and spending time, money and energy to rebrand in order to get away from the bad stink of Alexander Leathers and convicted criminal Will Lauder, Sandy then lets Toohey write that dumb 'about us' crap that uses the tainted brand's name ten times!

The whole point of buying the Simmons Bilt name was to bury the Alexander name and all it's bad associations. I guess Toohey didn't get the memo...written in short sentences....of one syllable words only....with pictures. If Toohey doesn't even understand the function of re-branding, I think they'll be out of business in a year. If I was Sandy, I'd have fired him for that.*

*Message to Sandy Alexander;
If you now fire Steve Toohey based on my above recommendation I shall be obliged to invoice you for my management consultancy advice (rates available on request).

Last edited:

Bunyip

Call Me a Cab
Is someone taking screenshots of the various pages as they change? It might be a useful example/ training tool in "how not run a business" or "how not to rebrand" for the local university or business college.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ayanda