Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Albert Richard Horsehide Half Belt Revisited

Guardian Enzo

One of the Regulars
So, I snagged that 40's Albert Richard from Mr. Mitchell. It's obviously in pretty amazing shape for a 70-ish year-old jacket, and the cut is really something (as you can see). It's special, no doubt about it.

My only concern, honestly, is the fit - I'm worried it might be a bit snug around the chest and waist, though my familiarity with half-belts of that era is pretty limited (before I received it I was more worried about the length, but less so now). Thoughts on that score?

rsz_1img_0758.jpg
rsz_img_0759.jpg
rsz_img_0760.jpg
rsz_img_0761.jpg
rsz_img_0762.jpg

Cooperson

One Too Many
Length looks fine. It does look a tad snug across the chest but most vintage jackets tend to be on the trim side. Unless you want to wear it zipped up, which I really do, I'd just unzip and enjoy it.

singer

Familiar Face
That looks incredible. And it's an actual 40s half belt! I think the fit is perfect. Good for the camera, even if it feels a bit snug when zipped.

Guardian Enzo

One of the Regulars
Well, it's better to look good than to feel good... I don't know what it is about the styling on that jacket - it's very simple, really. Maybe that's the point.

It doesn't constrict my breathing or anything - it's just a bit more fitted across the torso than I'm used to, but then I've never worn a half-belt from anywhere close to that era.

ProteinNerd

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I wish that were true! :D There is some bamboo there, which makes me nostalgic for Japan.

Sadly, the other side of the fence is just.... The other side of the fence.

Bah, thats just what you want us to think! I bet it IS some sort of japanese-esque oasis hidden back there ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ