Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Alexander Leathers Cafe Racer

andywuzc

New in Town
Wow Carlos,

Beautiful and perfect fit on you. It is hard to imaging that I have the same jacket when I see your pictures.
I will also try to post some next week.

Thank bro

Carlos840

I'll Lock Up
Wow Carlos,

Beautiful and perfect fit on you. It is hard to imaging that I have the same jacket when I see your pictures.
I will also try to post some next week.

Thank bro

Thanks!

Well, it was made to fit me! With measurements that i had put together from my previous two jackets. And like i told you i have a pretty weird body shape, not many off the rack clothes fit me.
I have a pretty big drop from shoulders and chest to waist.

Just curious, did they leave the tag with my name in the inside of the left handwarmer pocket?

IXL

One Too Many
Carlos, I see nothing at all wrong with the look of the sleeves. a sharp fitting jacket you have there.

Carlos840

I'll Lock Up
Carlos, I see nothing at all wrong with the look of the sleeves. a sharp fitting jacket you have there.

To me they are a bit baggy in the triceps area... It's something i have always noticed in Aero and AL designs, even more so in the Aeros.
I know most people on this site don't mind it because this is a normal fit for these jackets, but i think it looks a bit messy seen from the back.

I am still super happy with the jacket, this is really just nitpicking and wondering what i could get even better on the next one.

I really want to get another Cafe Racer, with the classic mandarin collar, no windflap, no back swing, and only a D pocket on the front.
Might ask them to make the sleeves tighter on this one if i ever get it done.

ProteinNerd

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Congrats, I think thats the best fitting AL jacket we have had here so far! You nailed the measurements!

andywuzc

New in Town
when I wear your customised jacket, the biceps part from the back also like extremely baggy. Worst than from your picture. This is the only downside from this jacket

Carlos, that's just perfect!

Andy, sleeves are supposed to be like that on MC jackets. Trim sleeves are for fashion items.

Azog

Familiar Face
I've noticed that bunched up leather in the triceps area on many pics of Aero and AL jackets. It seems to be more prevalent than other jacket makers.

Jackofalljackets

New in Town
Hello all,

This is my first post but I am have lurked for a couple months now. Carlos, I loved your jacket so much, I emailed Alexander leathers yesterday to start the process of making me a very similar jacket. This will be my first custom order. Mine will likely be shorter in length and have three pockets but the main details are similar to yours. The red lining is an inspired touch and the shortened wind flap should take care of the bunching issues I have with my Schott 641hh. I am very keen on the burgundy color based on online pictures but will wait till I get some swatches before I make a decision. If mine turns out half as good as yours, I'll be right pleased.

nick123

I'll Lock Up
Nice jacket. The leather has a very pleasant almost blue/gray undertone. Quite similar to the Johnson Horween steer.

Carlos840

I'll Lock Up
I just wanted to add a few evo pics of this jacket.
I have been wearing it a lot, and it is awesome. Say what you want about AL /SB, they did a good job with this beast!
The black is rubbing off at many places, showing a nice brown at the edges.
It is most obvious at the seams on the back, under the armpits, at the edges of the collar and at the chest pockets.

The jacket has a definite brown/red hue which is very obvious when seen next to a BLACK jacket.

All in all, this is definitely one of my favourites.

L1000302_zpsxhj7ytrx.jpg

L1000305_zps1jthhzme.jpg

L1000304_zpsjagizofz.jpg

L1000306_zpsdzy7oiar.jpg

L1000309_zpscuidn2cl.jpg

L1000310_zpsxqjqpcfh.jpg

Lastly, here is a picture showing the difference of tone compared to a black Lewis Leathers, excuse the cheesiness...
The LL is black on a "blue" hide, the AL is black on a brown hide.

DSCF0662_zpsro9wnxfx.jpg

Last edited:

Stand By

One Too Many
Very nice indeed. That red lining is killer too and an inspired choice.
Great last photo too!
Nice one!

I recently got my 1 3/4" wide belt from SB - and man alive, what a beast! Unreal quality. I mean, it's off-the-chart! I've never seen a belt like it before and there's no wearing this one out. Amazing service and a product to match.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner