Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Alexander Leathers

Edward

Bartender
I was hoping for a 300 quid bargain, but these are not long enough in the back for me.

Dakota measurements approx for 46" chest

Armpit to armpit 24.5"
Sleeve length 26.5"
Back length 24.5"
Shoulders 20"

Detroit approx. for a 46

Armpit to armpit - 24.5"
Sleeve length - 26"
Back length - 26"
Shoulders - 19.5"

I was told the jackets are a trim cut, which is good news for me. I guess if I were a Plumbline kind of fellow I'd buy 2 sizes up. :)

I'd be curious to know what fit they do. I'm not looking to buy one, but one of the more off-putting things on their site for me were I looking is the tagline about vintage style with a "modern fit". No idea what that is intended to mean, but experience in the past with other companies has suggest it's not a good thing.

majormajor

One Too Many
I'd be curious to know what fit they do. I'm not looking to buy one, but one of the more off-putting things on their site for me were I looking is the tagline about vintage style with a "modern fit". No idea what that is intended to mean, but experience in the past with other companies has suggest it's not a good thing.

They appear to have taken Aero's sizes and gone down one size. That's it really;)

hpalapdog

One of the Regulars

AL are using standardized UK sizing as far as I can tell. If I walked into M+S all of their own brand stuff fits me as per label. I bought a AL 44r Roadster and the fit is spot on. Modern fit means it fits properly, not the ridiculous spectacle of middle age men trying to get into 1940's cuts !

Last edited:

rocketeer

Call Me a Cab
My take on that as a description is like a mall jacket version of an A2 or G1. A bit like an early Eastman I have, it's a 44 with extra wide shoulders for a body builder physique but would fit a British beer belly also like me. Though mine is made from sausage sandwiches:D
Johnny

Novos

One of the Regulars
I got a Detroit size 40, it fits quite well, but is quite short. The back measurements include all of the collar as well, so you have to take that into consideration. They are shorter than the measurements supplied, which isn't quite communicated, as the collar doesn't add anything to the length, but I understand how this situation occurs. I was told mine was going to be 25" long, but in reality it is about 23"+ a bit.

To be fair, they fit like vintage leathers, really short. Mine just covers my belt so I feel as though I'm relatively in the clear, but FYI. Otherwise no complaints, the black jerky horse is quite nice and is already breaking in. Stitching is awesome, zips are YKK, but the thing is a deal. Worth it.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR