Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Alexander Leathers

Graemsay

Practically Family
The Alexander Leathers website has gone live.

The jackets look good, and the introductory prices are keen. I'm liking the Nebraska and Four Pocket Roadster.

nebraskasbjh01.jpg

4pocketroadster01_1_3.jpg

majormajor

One Too Many
We see them at last.

"Introductory offers" that, bizarrely, have nearly all sold out!

Good ploy there, to put "sold" next to all the ones they haven't made yet.....

All they needed was a page saying "We make Highwaymans and Half Belts in Steer"....."And we've made about 30 so far"....

The rest is mainly smoke and mirrors.....

Feel free to throw things:D:D;)

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
We see them at last.

"Introductory offers" that, bizarrely, have nearly all sold out!

Good ploy there, to put "sold" next to all the ones they haven't made yet.....

All they needed was a page saying "We make Highwaymans and Half Belts in Steer"....."And we've made about 30 so far"....

The rest is mainly smoke and mirrors.....

Feel free to throw things:D:D;)

:D :eusa_clap

Edward

Bartender
Interesting to finally see the jackets. I'd have found it interesting to see something with a bit more variation than pretty close to what the Alexander folks had been producing in a 'previous life', but then if what they have identified as their target market doesn't want different... The generic Perfecto looks nice. Wonder what full price will be on those, as that will also dictate what market they are after. The label, with the car design, is cute. Very similar in style to the Aero civilian labels, which I have always liked.

Be interesting to see more of them being worn by actual human people - hard to tell anything about fit without that. The emphasis on "modern fit" would make me wary.

Foster

One of the Regulars
The photography on some of them could stand for improved lighting. The drop shadows from the flash don't look very professional. It makes the jackets look wider than they really are.

Rudie

Call Me a Cab
Interesting. They offer black goatskin. Luckily, I don't like black, so I can't be tempted. :D

schitzo

Suspended
A professional photographer, Schitzo.

well it looks like that guy is to photography what you and MM are to unpredictability.

Is he from your paper per chance? With all due respect to his photos I could have done better with my sony cyber shot, and that's with no training or background in photography whatsoever.

I actually have some samples of the leather they are using and the heavy grainy brown steerhide looks really good, I imagine a jacket in it would look great. Though obviously if this guy was taking the shots it probably wouldn't

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
No, he's a local freelance. To be fair to the guy, it can be hard to photograph jackets and make them look as good as they really are.

jlanderson

One of the Regulars
Is it just my untrained eye or do those offerings look rather bland, character-less and ... dare I say it ... boring in their design? They almost look like what one can buy at the local mall or in a mid-range department store like Macy's or Belk.

I just don't see anything special there.

Boyo

Call Me a Cab
I am a fan of the "Stewart", thought it might reappear at A.L. Thought I read that was one of Will's designs

Last edited:

ForestForTheTrees

One of the Regulars
Is it just my untrained eye or do those offerings look rather bland, character-less and ... dare I say it ... boring in their design? They almost look like what one can buy at the local mall or in a mid-range department store like Macy's or Belk.

I just don't see anything special there.

I'm guessing some of that has to do with the photographer and said photographers lack of lighting knowledge and photoshop editing skills. In the images that someone posted here a week or two ago of their new AL jacket, the product looked like a quality item to my eye. The photos on the Alexander Leathers website (and the site design in general) are of pretty poor quality and aren't going to help them make a strong case for their goods. These images don't even share a consistent background - pretty cheesy. Truthfully, the jacket in the snapshot appearing on their About Us page is much better represented than any of their actual product shots.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner