Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Alexander Leathers

nick123

I'll Lock Up
I think all of the drama between the companies has left a sour taste in my mouth...I guess in my brain too. But I am confident that this will all be sorted out and the next dream will find me in a jacket that fits.

Edward

Bartender
I think all of the drama between the companies has left a sour taste in my mouth...I guess in my brain too. But I am confident that this will all be sorted out and the next dream will find me in a jacket that fits.

Ha, plausibly. It's a shame it's all gone the way it has, but that's life, I suppose.

rocketeer

Call Me a Cab
I bought one ... and according to everyone on here except me ..... it is :) :) :)
I was not going to bother feeding this topic, it's a bit like a few other similar posts that have burnt themselves out, but!
Now someone has one, lets have a look.
Do you have it yet or are we going to get a pic when it's a bit worn in? No problem, I wont slag it off just because it's not an Aero, I wouldn't mind betting it's a quality made jacket but how does it hang, what hide etc. All the usual questions the leather fetishists want to know.
I remember the Sam Walker Aero knock offs, I had a couple and though they look exactly the same the quality they were not up to Aero's. What would I have thought had I bought the Sam Walker jacket before the Aero, would I have been pleasantly surprised when I received the Highwayman.
So, I repeat, Lets have a look:)

Johnny

Edward

Bartender
I was not going to bother feeding this topic, it's a bit like a few other similar posts that have burnt themselves out, but!
Now someone has one, lets have a look.
Do you have it yet or are we going to get a pic when it's a bit worn in? No problem, I wont slag it off just because it's not an Aero, I wouldn't mind betting it's a quality made jacket but how does it hang, what hide etc. All the usual questions the leather fetishists want to know.
I remember the Sam Walker Aero knock offs, I had a couple and though they look exactly the same the quality they were not up to Aero's. What would I have thought had I bought the Sam Walker jacket before the Aero, would I have been pleasantly surprised when I received the Highwayman.
So, I repeat, Lets have a look:)

Johnny

Plumbline put some photos up here: http://www.thefedoralounge.com/show...AL-8-(-grainey-steerhide)&highlight=plumbline

Capesofwrath

Practically Family
I had a dream last night that I bought two coats from Alexander Leathers. Both were too big.

:) Yes that's amusing. The last Aero I bought nearly two years ago now is too big. I wonder if Amanda thought most of the customers lied to themselves about their measurements so went one size up to avoid returns. I told her I took a 42R in most jackets including a 42 HWM which is a good fit. But because my chest is 43" or so the way a tailor measures it she insisted I needed a 44.

Lungomare

A-List Customer
Well, there's simple design that comes off with elegance and sophistication ... then there's simple design that just comes across as rather banal.

Aero Leathers is definitely the former; Alexander Leathers, the more I look at their product line, is definitely the latter.

And for what it's worth, I'd be wary of where they're sourcing their hides. I doubt Horween will be one of their suppliers.

... and I never would be sure if the leather is labeled in a correct way!

A liar is not believed even when he speaks the truth. [prov.]

Regards,

Johannes

Edward

Bartender
I think that I had that one too...did she leave the leather jacket with you Edward?

I, uhm.... I don't quite remember what happened to the jacket....

I did have another dream where I wore her white Parallel Lines dress, though.

Edward

Bartender
You learn something new every day. "SOLD" is synonymous with "not available". Or is that just Debbie Harry again, boys?

Sort of looks like the internet equivalent of "would you mind waiting outside for a bit, we want the restaurant to look really popular". lol

thor

Call Me a Cab
I tried opening up the other photos of the Roadster jacket on the AL site but no dice. Maybe it's my wonderful I-phone?
Just curious about the back of the Roadster. The long wait for a new HWM from Aero is quite daunting!

jlanderson

One of the Regulars
I tried opening up the other photos of the Roadster jacket on the AL site but no dice. Maybe it's my wonderful I-phone?
Just curious about the back of the Roadster. The long wait for a new HWM from Aero is quite daunting!

Thor, it's not your iPhone. The site is not that mobile-friendly. On the regular computer and iPad pages for the individual jackets, the pictures are below the main art and open in new tabs. On a phone browser, only the main art appears in the page rendering.

mattp

One of the Regulars
I've tried a number of their jackets on, the fit actually suits me better than a stock Aero highwayman or halfbelt, as the designs, though similar, have been slimmed down somewhat to avoid the boxy shape that people harp on about.
Quality of workmanship was excellent, as would be expected.
The leathers were nice, heavily grained heavy soft steerhide was a standout, and the black goat was very nice, and a pleasant surprise as Langlitz has previously been the only maker I've considered with black goat available for bike jackets.

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
They sent jackets to you in Australia? :confused: Anyway, I have to agree with Fanch: having read the thread this evening, it would seem that FL is a bit over AL already. Guess we'll have to wait until we see more of their jackets in a better setting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR