Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Alexander Leathers

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
You seriously don't have to worry about the quality. My 2 x AL jackets (Detroit and Roadster) are easily comparable in quality and craftsmanship to my 2 x Aeros.

Yep, as I wrote, this AL is equal in quality to the Aero I had. The cotton drill is robust, the pockets lined with thick moleskin. One advantage of the AL is that the cuffs of this half-belt are lined with leather. On an Aero, I think the standard is still cotton faced cuffs.

pauleway

Practically Family
Yep, as I wrote, this AL is equal in quality to the Aero I had. The cotton drill is robust, the pockets lined with thick moleskin. One advantage of the AL is that the cuffs of this half-belt are lined with leather. On an Aero, I think the standard is still cotton faced cuffs.

They come lined in leather standard with AL, but I requested my Arkansas cuffs to be lined with the cotton drill instead. Too stiff for my preference with leather lined cuffs. You can get them either way, but come standard with the leather lining!

Plumbline

One Too Many
wait times ....

I now have the following AL's ... ( all delivery dates from order date on invoice)

Detroit ..... delivery wait was 11 days
Long Rider ..... delivery wait was 10 days
Drifter ...... delivery was 11 days
Indiana ....... delivery was 22 days
Roadster ....... delivery was 37 days ( this was pre-ordered and I think they waited for the Horween steer to arrive)
Lavant ....... delivery was 16 days

service has been awesome and the quality exeptional ... there have been two reworks / alterations done ... I had the sleeves on the Detroit converted to zip sleeves after seeing Schitzo's sleeves ( turn around 10 days) they're currently shortening the Indiana sleeve by 1"

They've also relined my Aero Longshoreman, trimmed the Muton collar on my Aero Long Halfbelt, Shortened the sleeves 1" on my Bill Kelso M-422 and repaired my Aero Horsehide M/C jeans.

I'm loving the quick turn around and service, quaality of jackets is stylistically different to "New Aero" and much more like "Old Aero" ( if you know what I mean) ....... The new Horween hides are INCREDIBLE with two new different colours to the Aero colours ( Havana Brown and Burgundy )

It's been a good month as I also picked up Bassman's Aero Halfbelt Deluxe in Brown FQHH ( It's still in Houston ... wil pick it up later in the year) and also sold a few Aero's, Schott's and an Eastman.

:)

winterland1

Practically Family
I now have the following AL's ... ( all delivery dates from order date on invoice)

Roadster ....... delivery was 37 days ( this was pre-ordered and I think they waited for the Horween steer to arrive)

service has been awesome and the quality exeptional ... there have been two reworks / alterations done ... I had the sleeves on the Detroit converted to zip sleeves after seeing Schitzo's sleeves ( turn around 10 days) they're currently shortening the Indiana sleeve by 1"

They've also relined my Aero Longshoreman, trimmed the Muton collar on my Aero Long Halfbelt, Shortened the sleeves 1" on my Bill Kelso M-422 and repaired my Aero Horsehide M/C jeans.

I'm loving the quick turn around and service, quaality of jackets is stylistically different to "New Aero" and much more like "Old Aero" ( if you know what I mean) ....... The new Horween hides are INCREDIBLE with two new different colours to the Aero colours ( Havana Brown and Burgundy )

It's been a good month as I also picked up Bassman's Aero Halfbelt Deluxe in Brown FQHH ( It's still in Houston ... wil pick it up later in the year) and also sold a few Aero's, Schott's and an Eastman.

Wow, and i thought i had a leather coat issue. My Alexander Roadster came in and I just need to take pictures. Still deciding on the fit. Shoulders and neck a hair tight. Beautiful otherwise.

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
They come lined in leather standard with AL, but I requested my Arkansas cuffs to be lined with the cotton drill instead. Too stiff for my preference with leather lined cuffs. You can get them either way, but come standard with the leather lining!

Interesting point of view, pauleway. I've never owned unlined cuffs except by Aero and I hated them. The cotton goes shiny, dirty and smelly very quickly and surely wears out way before the rest of the jacket. I've had dozens of leather jackets over they years, all were solid leather cuffs and never were they too stiff.

ProteinNerd

My Mail is Forwarded Here

WOW!

This has made me feel a whole lot better about acquiring 3 new jackets this year, I thought I had a problem but realise now I don't ;)

As for wait times, It took about 4 -5 weeks for my initial custom Roadster but the issue was with getting the custom tartan in, once that was in it took about 10 days.

Compare that to my teamster ordered through Thurston (much quicker than if you order directly from Aero). Ordered 16th May delivered 31st July so about 61 days.

eggleman

One of the Regulars

I certainly hope that Amanda got you a decent deal on all those jackets !

Plumbline

One Too Many
I did alright :)

The most expensive was the first one at £560 ..... the rest have been cheaper except the two Horween ones which have been at retail.

They were funded by the sales detailed above .... so no wallets were killed in the making of this collection :)

pauleway

Practically Family
Interesting point of view, pauleway. I've never owned unlined cuffs except by Aero and I hated them. The cotton goes shiny, dirty and smelly very quickly and surely wears out way before the rest of the jacket. I've had dozens of leather jackets over they years, all were solid leather cuffs and never were they too stiff.

Just my preference. Have one jacket with lined leather cuffs and much prefer the cotton drill lining. You must be a lot harder on your jackets than me, never had problem with wearing out or getting dirty/smelly. Maybe it has a lot to do with a New York climate compared to Australian one!

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
Just my preference. Have one jacket with lined leather cuffs and much prefer the cotton drill lining. You must be a lot harder on your jackets than me, never had problem with wearing out or getting dirty/smelly. Maybe it has a lot to do with a New York climate compared to Australian one!

I think your climate is a lot harsher than Melbourne's. We never have snow. I found the cotton drill getting smelly after just weeks of wear. If you're washing things water runs down your sleeve a little and gets absorbed by the cotton drill for a start. Doesn't happen with leather lined. I'm not taking off my jacket just so I can wash the car or some dishes... it's a work wear item after all... I also found that a large watch tends to cut into the drill fabric.

pauleway

Practically Family
I think your climate is a lot harsher than Melbourne's. We never have snow. I found the cotton drill getting smelly after just weeks of wear. If you're washing things water runs down your sleeve a little and gets absorbed by the cotton drill for a start. Doesn't happen with leather lined. I'm not taking off my jacket just so I can wash the car or some dishes... it's a work wear item after all... I also found that a large watch tends to cut into the drill fabric.

I think the hot weather would be harder on the lining with the sweat and heat, rather than snow. I also do not wear any kind of watches or jewelry, but I can see your point about the water, but if my car needs a wash I let it out in the rain or hit the car-wash! Can't wait for some cooler weather to get a little more wear out of mine, it's a great jacket - enjoy yours!

SLAB

A-List Customer
any fit pictures floating around of the Simmons-Bilt? Might consider ordering one as a (cheaper) alternative for a Himel Heron

schitzo

Suspended

very nice fit Seb I see what you mean now about the colour it does look almost black. For me I'd probably want it an inch shorter, but I know you like yours longer than standard. You must be pleased. Congrats!

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
Thanks Schitz - it actually looks slightly longer here because of posture and angle of camera, but it is longer than many here would like and, as you say, that's how I like em. Mind you, the back's only 26.5 inches long.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IGDS