Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Alexander Leathers

Plumbline

One Too Many
Who the feck would want a shorter jacket than that ... !!!

Looks a great fit Seb .. a little smaller than I'd like perhaps .... but suits you man :0)

Wear it well ....

schitzo

Suspended
Who the feck would want a shorter jacket than that ... !!!

probably the same type of character who is patiently waiting for the long long overdue pics of your burgundy Lavant !!!
And don't even get me started on the Indy..

FTR, Seb and I are the same height (i think he's 6, 2 also) and my roadster is a full inch shorter. IMO both fit well

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
Thanks fellas. It's strange at 6'2", 26.5 inches in the back comes right down past my back jeans pocket, which is long enough for a half-belt, which is longer in front - 2 inches over my belt line. I'd probably go longer in a Highwayman or something similar. You can spend your life exploring the right measurements for particular jackets. The other tricky measurement is shoulders. My shoulders are a little wider than some people's I find 20 inches works well and places the seam just a smidge over the shoulder, which I prefer. I would not like a half-belt that is so tight it can only be worn over a t-shirt. Personal preference is important in these things, I don't want to be dictated to by fashion or fashion history.

Plumbline

One Too Many
probably the same type of character who is patiently waiting for the long long overdue pics of your burgundy Lavant !!!

Done .. .the Indy will be posted after I've had the sleeves shortened 1" :D

Then comes the Aero Halfbelt Deluxe ................ I do really like New Leather jackets :D

nicholasb

One of the Regulars
Thanks for posting the article. I have the same jacket - Black Norwegian Horse Roadster and like it a lot. The comments below sound like something I have read here before.

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
Surprised that Sandy A's staff is still ragging on the 'X number of staff left to join us' thing. Means nothing and lacks class.

Last edited:

winterland1

Practically Family
Surprised that Sandy A is still ragging on the 'X number of staff left to join us' thing. Means nothing and lacks class.

I as a consumer am interested in knowing a detail like that. I would feel more comfortable paying high end money knowing the seamstress was experienced in making high end leather goods. As opposed to a new company with all new people. More room for errors I would think.
Is it a cut at the company they came from? I don't know I supposed it could be. That happens when companies/people have fallings out.
There have been many companies that have had feuds going. Maybe it leads to healthy competition. Even better for the consumer.
I don't care about legal issues/accusations of a company until it has somewhat been validated. Then I can make a decision based on if I want to deal with a company based on ethics.
I do understand people can take sides based on if they have a close relationship with a company. Only makes sense

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
It's something that is really best not returned to at this juncture, but that's not to say it won't be at some point in the near future. If you read back, you'll get the gist of it.

I don't know any specifics about this situation, but have had experience as the owner of a business that, during a period of internal changes, lost several employees to a competitor. They convinced those employees that we would be making changes that would be detrimental to their jobs, and that it would be safer to move over to them.
It was total bullocks, and after a period of time several of our old employees asked for their old jobs back when they realized the grass was not greener on the other side of the fence..and, in fact, they had jumped from structurally sound ship to one that was barely keeping their keel above the water. Unfortunately by then we had replaced them.
So...I tend to pay little heed to background gossip as to why employees from one company shift to another.

I don't know any specifics about this situation, but have had experience as the owner of a business that, during a period of internal changes, lost several employees to a competitor. They convinced those employees that we would be making changes that would be detrimental to their jobs, and that it would be safer to move over to them.
It was total bullocks, and after a period of time several of our old employees asked for their old jobs back when they realized the grass was not greener on the other side of the fence..and, in fact, they had jumped from structurally sound ship to one that was barely keeping their keel above the water. Unfortunately by then we had replaced them.
So...I tend to pay little heed to background gossip as to why employees from one company shift to another.

I'm not sure the keel above water is a good thing. But it may explain the situation even better lol

Capesofwrath

Practically Family
It's something that is really best not returned to at this juncture, but that's not to say it won't be at some point in the near future. If you read back, you'll get the gist of it.

No not something you would want to return to at all.

Judging by my recent experience with Aero I think their best people might well have gone over to the other side.

Unlike you I expect, I have jackets made by both. Or rather I have jackets from Aero from a few years back to couple of years ago, and have ordered and been sent one and then a remake since then. Both of which were not right at all.

Nearly a year's wait, two jackets, both cocked up.

I know who I think the joke is on.

Highwaymanman

A-List Customer
In other news, an Aero-era Sam Walker just sold for 366 pounds sterling (586 bucks) on the 'bay. I had planned to bid if it topped out at under 200 quid but..... what?

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
Sorry to hear that, Capes. While I don't know the details, based on everything we read here, I'd reckon yours was a pretty rare experience. Did you get it sorted in the end? Should be said that Aero have more staff than pre the old regime, including a good number of older staff who have returned to company, so I guess everyone's got their own perspective..[huh] I do know that Aero have of late really beefed up their checks on jacket specc requirements before any jacket goes out the door - Ken explained it to me last time I was there - to avoid disappointments and misunderstandings.

@highwaymann I can't help but that was some poor soul who just saw 'Aero' and thought 'Bargain!'

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn