Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ALL REPRO R.A.F. Irvin type jackets

nightandthecity

Practically Family
Andrew, has your ELC simply had WW2 DOT sliders fitted to the original Eastman zip tape, or have the entire zips been replaced with WW2 zips?

kowalski

Practically Family
Txs Aswatland
pleas View photos of my town ; 50 -55y Airport
1 ) foto ;Polish team in the glider
2)Redactor fotograf.Jerzy Góra
3) champion in glider Adam Niżnik
4) team in action
at the airport Bielsko Aleksandrowice trains and live the current world champion Sebastian Kawa. recently in the glider flew over the Himalayas

clip_image028.jpg clip_image022.jpg 14207.jpg 14204.jpg

Last edited:

aswatland

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Thanks for these photos which I have not seen before. There are plenty of sheepskin jackets for sure-B-3s and at least one AN-J4. Thanks for sharing them.

nightandthecity

Practically Family
It simply has a Dot slider on the main zip track.
thanks!

So a 1930s single trunion Dot slider is compatible with Eastman's zip chain...and I have at least three of them in my bits box.....!

I was vaguely toying with the idea of getting Gary to make me one with all original zips, but a) he doesn't like customizing b) my zips have different coloured tape c) his zip tape is likely to be more reliable than 75 year old cotton. Replacing the sliders sounds like a better alternative.

Capesofwrath

Practically Family
I read through this thread earlier and noticed that there were references to the Southampton Cockpit Company Irvins from thirty years ago which were very good repros apparently and are now as rare as rocking horse merde. The son of the company wanted one I think. Well there is one on eBay UK right now.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Cockpit-Cloathing-Company-British-RAF-Flying-Jacket-/201019869283?pt=UK_Collectables_Militaria_LE&hash=item2ecdb7c863

It's a bit hard to tell with the bad pictures but this one might not be right since it might have pockets...

Is the Aces High Irvin which is now one of the very best according to many people made by the member who posted here as Jonnyboy a couple of years ago, and who posted examples of his prototypes? Post 757 page 76 currently of this thread.

Edward

Bartender
Is the Aces High Irvin which is now one of the very best according to many people made by the member who posted here as Jonnyboy a couple of years ago, and who posted examples of his prototypes? Post 757 page 76 currently of this thread.

I think so. There was another new one announced at the same time, but I think that project disappeared?

Capesofwrath

Practically Family
I think so. There was another new one announced at the same time, but I think that project disappeared?

Yes they are both from France and with the same first name. Reading between the lines that other project might have involved Will Lauder before the schism perhaps? There were references later to labels which were similar...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy