Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ALL REPRO R.A.F. Irvin type jackets

Deacon211

One Too Many
It's interesting that "bomber" jackets are making a comeback these days. Wasn't there a shot recently of Brad Pitt (not that I'm a great fan) wearing an Irvin? And the Orvis catalogue last fall had what looked to be both a Cockpit B-3 and a G-1.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

alsendk

A-List Customer
Brad'sIrvin.jpg
Here you go Deacon, but personally I prefer Terry Gilliams almost - wannabe Irvin myself

Golden

Familiar Face
I am looking to purchase my first Irvin.

Little luck on the interwebs, 1 or 2 over priced on evil bay.

Anyone selling a 42"??

all the best,

-joshuah

4444Design

One of the Regulars
Irvin Repop from "Noble House" in Germany ...

it rather "hangs" on me coz i dropped some weight since i bought that jacket

i know about those originally not existing pockets but they are off good use anyway when motorbike cycling

so far i'm still pretty satisfied with the jacket but Need to replace coz of the size issue

IXL

One Too Many
4444Design, that coat looks fine. It is, after all, a big ol' heavy winter coat, and looks as such. Plenty of room to move around and to add a thick sweater. Also, those are interesting half-chaps you have.

4444Design

One of the Regulars
4444Design, that coat looks fine. It is, after all, a big ol' heavy winter coat, and looks as such. Plenty of room to move around and to add a thick sweater. Also, those are interesting half-chaps you have.

THX for the Feedback - actually with a thick Sweater underneath the jacket 'n size are pretty perfect
winters in Beijing are extra dry mostly without snow or anything but very cold - so those chaps (which everybody there uses) became pretty Handy to avoid freezing my knees off
those things where made from artificial leather and dirt-cheap (less than 5 bucks)

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
or even better Zündapp KS 750 ...

I am sure the 750 is a better bike, I just like that I would be able to tell people, it's a four cylinder! In fact, I just mentioned this a couple of weeks ago to a Goldwing rider, who has been riding for almost 70 years, and knows about Zundapp, and he did not know they built a four cylinder.

Elvis Rocks

New in Town
Boys,

I'm looking for advice. After years of research, I've decided on a Eastman B3 sheepskin Battle of Britain jacket. I was hoping someone here would have the sheepskin series and would be about the same size as me or close to it to give me advice on size.

I'm 5'-9.5" tall, weight 230 with a 42" waist. I'm looking at either the 46" or 48". I'm worried the 48" will be too long in the arms. Can anyone give me some help?

Richard

Deacon211

One Too Many
Hey Elvis,

I tried to email you but the network is busy. You have blocked emails from members on the Lounge. If you unblock it, I can resend the email I sent you.

In short, we are close in size, go for the 48, long if you are at all long in the arms or torso and reg if not.

Deacon

Deacon211

One Too Many
Oh, one more thing Elvis....I'm not sure if you are looking for a US Army Air Corps B-3 jacket or a Royal Air Force Irvin Battle of Britain jacket.

In any case, I think I'd go the same way in sizing.

Elvis Rocks

New in Town
Deacon211,

So sorry my man! I'm really bad at this kind of stuff. I'll try to see what I did wrong on and allow for incoming messages. No clue what I did.

Richard

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner