Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

All right, everyone *not* in North America..?

Angelicious

One of the Regulars
Zach R. said:
Yes, University level.

Money really isn't an issue, the state program I am going through uses the money that I would pay for going to the school here(UNC at Chapel Hill in this instance) to go to another "international-partner" school in the system.

The specific website for the university's partners is down at the moment, but a college in NZ is my first choice, rather than Australia(no offense to Aussies, of course). :p
The money issue isn't really in relation to tuition fees and so on; it's living costs that differ radically from place to place - Dunedin is very cheap, Auckland is very expensive, the others range between. (Apart from Wellington, the further south you go, the cheaper the costs.)

Not every uni offers every degree, and of course some have greater emphasis in some areas than others.

Here are some links, anyway (north to south):

Auckland University
Expensive to live, lots of city attractions (NZ's biggest city)

University of Waikato
:clap (I'm not biased!) Moderate to live, some city attractions (central to most North Island towns, easy drive to Auckland)

Massey University
Moderate to live, few city attractions (not much to say)

Victoria University
Slightly expensive to live, many city attractions (Capital city, arts centre)

Otago University
Cheap to live, some city attractions (strong student culture, only Uni in the South Island)

Angelicious

One of the Regulars
Biltmore Bob said:
Inside joke, Angel...guess y'all had to be there.
Ah, you had me all confused there. :)

Visit some of the political threads sometime.
Ah, now, I've been avoiding them on purpose. ;)

I'm in a political and ideological minority on this list, so debating would be an uphill climb - one I don't have time for at this time of year. :) Maybe later, after end-of-semester exams.

matei

One Too Many
I'm calling in from London, but can be found at various times of the year in Ireland, Romania and even Noo Yawk as well.

nightandthecity

Practically Family
Biltmore Bob said:
I hear Cuba is still Communist.
hey Bob, I think you'd love Cuba. Because of the US blockade it's stuck in a mid 20th century time warp. All period architecture, no modern glass and steel monstrosities....everyone drives classic 1940s and 50s American cars, a lot of people still use valve radios, old fashioned music is really popular, and fedoras and panamas and sharp suits are common in the streets. Its very Conservative as well: they come down really hard on groups like liberals, Trotskyists, Anarchists, homosexuals and junkies and everyone has to be VERY patriotic.

LaMedicine

One Too Many
nightandthecity said:
hey Bob, I think you'd love......everyone has to be VERY patriotic.
I certainly hope you men are not going to turn this into another politically rife thread.:rolleyes:
After all, Angel started this, most likely only with the thought of wanting to know how worldwide this wonderful Lounge is.:cheers1:
You men may want to debate politics over rum and cigars, but all we women want to do, is to compare our notes on fashion and hair and makeup, gorgeous men, and exchange our favorite recipes over tea or coffee and cake.;)

missjo

Practically Family
LaMedicine said:
I certainly hope you men are not going to turn this into another politically rife thread.:rolleyes:
After all, Angel started this, most likely only with the thought of wanting to know how worldwide this wonderful Lounge is.:cheers1:
You men may want to debate politics over rum and cigars, but all we women want to do, is to compare our notes on fashion and hair and makeup, gorgeous men, and exchange our favorite recipes.;)

As a proud female member of the armed communist resistance here in occupied Holland I strongly disagree, we women care about a better world too! ;)

LaMedicine

One Too Many
missjoeri said:
As a proud female member of the armed communist resistance here in occupied Holland I strongly disagree, we women care about a better world too! ;)
Ah, missjoeri, I agree (and often do I have serious political discussions with my colleagues and friends). But, if you've noticed how some threads were hijacked and ended up, then, I think you'll understand me when I hope that this thread will stick to its original intent. After all, it was started by precious Angel as a friendly roll call to the Loungers world over.

nightandthecity

Practically Family
Sorry ladies!

Couldn?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢t resist a little dig at ol?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢ Bob. I will be good from now on. And so I?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢m sure will Bob (won't you).

Miss Joeri, your website is wonderful. Ever since I was a little boy I wanted to be a member of the European resistance during WW2! But I won?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢t digress?¢‚Ǩ¬¶?¢‚Ǩ¬¶

Bebop

Practically Family
LaMedicine said:
You men may want to debate politics over rum and cigars, but all we women want to do, is to compare our notes on fashion and hair and makeup, gorgeous men, and exchange our favorite recipes over tea or coffee and cake.;)
You men?? Wow. I did not think it really mattered if you were a man or a woman on this thread. This isn't an underwear thread. I believe it is about EVERYONE not in No. America. "You men" sounds a little like there must be room to complain about "you women" never want to talk about politics. I don't believe women only want to talk about makeup, fashion and gorgeous men (there are threads that deal with that here). Unless that was a joke, it is insulting to women. This man apologizes for hijacking the thread. Now, back to fashion, hair and makeup "you women".

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran