Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

All users with Myspace, please share :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RyFranzese24

Familiar Face
PADDY said:
I'm still getting to grips with this MySpace thing, so bare with me please :) But it's great to know that so many of my friends from here are on it too. Just a shame I cannot get the instant messenger working when I see that someone is 'on.'

PADDY'S MYSPACE ROOM

You have the best myspace streaming music playing that i have ever heard!

Wild Root

Gone Home
RyFranzese24 said:

If you like Artie Shaw's Begin the Beguine, then you should check out some more of his music from 1938 to 1940. His music is really good and I highly recommend any recording featuring Helen Forrest on the vocals! Oh, you'll just love it!!! You can find his early recordings all over the internet!

=WR=

RyFranzese24

Familiar Face
Wild Root said:
If you like Artie Shaw's Begin the Beguine, then you should check out some more of his music from 1938 to 1940. His music is really good and I highly recommend any recording featuring Helen Forrest on the vocals! Oh, you'll just love it!!! You can find his early recordings all over the internet!

=WR=

Great, thanks very much. I've heard some of his other stuff, but now I'll definitely look into him. Haha, you're enthusiasm! I love it! I love Ella Fitzgerald, and the usuals from that time period, but you know who does great jazz standards today? (Why am I asking a question in the post?!?!) Michael Buble'. Give him a gander, too.

Miss Neecerie

I'll Lock Up
Wild Root said:

=WR=

All over the internet and coincidently enough, its my cell phone ring.....and not a cheesy midi version either...the real thing....

Nee...who has a thing for clarinets...

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Thanks for the MySpace compliments...

RyFranzese24 said:

Thanks for the compliments! I'm actually still trying to get to grips with it!! I'm not the most natural at working out technical things...but it's starting to evolve and as I discover new things I'm adding to it and vintagefying it! Glad you liked some of the music backgrounds.

Paisley

I'll Lock Up
I agree with those who don't see the appeal of myspace. I value my privacy. I don't care to be found by strange men. As for old classmates and other acquaintances, I've gotten along for 20 years without hearing from them; I'd rather spend my time with the friends I have now. Besides, I think there is more appeal in having some mystery than in telling all.

Quigley Brown

Call Me a Cab
Paisley said:
I agree with those who don't see the appeal of myspace. I value my privacy. I don't care to be found by strange men. As for old classmates and other acquaintances, I've gotten along for 20 years without hearing from them; I'd rather spend my time with the friends I have now. Besides, I think there is more appeal in having some mystery than in telling all.

Those are my thoughts, too. Heck, I'm some how getting through life without a cell phone.

Wild Root

Gone Home
I find Myspace a fun way to meet other people who are into old fashioned things. There are a lot of people out there that don't know of the Lounge yet that I meet. I tell them about the Lounge and some have looked at it and have said very nice things about it.

It can be a scary place but, if you get people who you don't know trying to get your attention and you have nothing in common with them, I just don't bother with them. I only add people who I know or who share common interests. It makes it easier and safer I think. You can decorate and make it your own place on the net and even promote a business too!

=WR=

PS. Mr. Brown, I don't have a Cell phone either!;)

Paisley

I'll Lock Up
Wild Root said:
PS. Mr. Brown, I don't have a Cell phone either!;)

That makes three of us!

If I were a guy, I might be more open to Myspace. But I have used some dating websites in the past, and the responses I've gotten have been really creepy, or from men who seemed to be married, or were old enough to be my father, or had nothing in common with me. I never had any success with it.

Face to face, people tend to be more respectful to me. (Especially if I dress well:) .) However, it occasionally comes up that someone, well, seems to want my attention but I'd rather not give it. A few years ago, I kept getting hang-up calls, so I removed my phone number and address from the company roster. And before that, one guy told me he loved me; it was so uncomfortable that I broke off our acquaintanceship (he wasn't even a friend). Boy, was I glad I never gave him my number. And so on. It does not happen often, but I'd rather not put information out there that would allow someone to find out where I live, work, and hang out. I know that myspace isn't the same as a dating site or giving out your phone number, but it's enough like it that I think I'll pass.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo