Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds:How many??

Allen Edmonds:How many?

Votes: 10 17.9%

Votes: 9 16.1%

• more than 5 pair

Votes: 19 33.9%

• Total voters

dhermann1

I'll Lock Up
I have terrible feet, flat and narrow. I've always had difficulty getting shoes to fit, especially since most companies stopped making C widths. I had a pair of Aldens that hurt me just as bad as the cheap shoes I owned, so I really despaired. I just recently got a pair of AE Drydens, and it's like a miracle! I'm going to look for a couple more pairs as soon as possible. Nothing will suck the energy out of you like painful feet.

Feraud

Bartender
Bought these Allen Edmonds this weekend.
DSC05598.jpg

Concrete Jungle

New in Town
Two_Tone.jpg
[/IMG]What do you think of the McClain as being the replacement of the Broadstreet as the two tone spectator on the Allen Edmonds website? Owning 2 pairs of Broadstreets, I like this classic over the new style.

cookie

I'll Lock Up
AE Shoes

The McLain that was in Bourbon and Bone was a fantastic shoe in the flesh but failed at the box office probably due to the poor photo illustration on the pathetic AE website.

One of the most sensational AE (IMHO of course) but which did not get past mock up phase for some obscure AE reason is the new Winhall in Chili webbing and Chili solid ie

DSC05598.jpg

Feraud are these the new Italian AE Comptons?

Feraud

Bartender
cookie said:
One of the most sensational AE (IMHO of course) but which did not get past mock up phase for some obscure AE reason is the new Winhall in Chili webbing and Chili solid ie
That is a beautiful shoe!

cookie said:
Feraud are these the new Italian AE Comptons?
It is the Dryden model.

Concrete Jungle

New in Town
Nice pair of balmoral shoes, Feraud. The Meltonian #11 Medium Brown, or #72 Cognac colors might work well for this shoe leather color when a polish is needed.

Boxerken

One of the Regulars
Feraud said:
I prefer the edge work on the older model (shown below) as opposed to the newer ones.
ae1blwd.jpg

I have a pair like that to, but it sure has taken a long time to break them in. Feraud may i ask the steps you take to polish yours?

Feraud

Bartender
Boxerken, I do not have the two tone AE.
I recently purchased the brown Dryden's and have not yet had to polish them.

I wonder if there is a shoe polishing thread around here?..

Concrete Jungle

New in Town
Boxerken, I also have a black/white pair of broadstreets. For polishing, I've found it easier to polish the white first then the black section. You almost need to use a old toothbrush for the polish applicator brush, and your finger inside a old t-shirt as the "polishing brush". I've even masked the white off with masking or painters tape. Is tedious, and looks ridiculous, but this way you don't have to be so precise when polishing.

Boxerken

One of the Regulars
Thanks Concrete & Cookie. I've looked for a white shoe polish and all i've found is the liquid stuff which is the worst thing you can put on shoes, so I might try thr neutral and see what that does.

moustache

Practically Family
New Broadstreets coming!

I finally have found a pair of brown Allen Edmonds Broadstreets. I have never found a new,unused pair in my size(9.5D) until ebay a few days ago.
Yes,i probably paid too much at $195. But never laced or used spoke to me.

here are the pics from the sale:

deb3_1.jpg

e26c_1.jpg

They should be here next week. I want to find the chestnut brown edition sometime as well.

BTW,I'm up to 6 pair of Allen Edmonds and various other shoes,mainly italian.

Jim

Brian Sheridan

One Too Many
HA! Just added a pair of Chili "Byrons (9.5EEE)" from A&E for $50, won on Ebay. It was a second chance offer. They look slightly used but not beat. I can always ship them to A&E for refurbishing. Has anyone else done that with Ebay won A&E's?

dhermann1

I'll Lock Up
Feraud, those Drydens are identical to mine. I recently picked up 2 more pairs on Ebay, a pair of black Park Avenues, and a pair of brown brogues with rubber soles (name of style I can't recall right now). The Park Avenues fit pretty well, but are slightly tight around the toes. Leather stretcher helped this out a lot. The brogues are a little mushy in the fit, don't know how much I'll use them
I have such difficult feet to fit, I guess I shouldn't be foolish and throw money away on shoes I haven't tried on, no matter how terrific a bargain they may seem. I'd like to find out the specific name of the last that the Drydens are made from, and only buy shoes built on that last.

Feraud

Bartender
Maybe an insole will help alleviate the mushiness in the shoes dhermann?

I posted this in another thread but what the heck..
This pair of Bally are in the mail to me. They are scheduled to arrive on Monday!
Bally.jpg

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
dhermann1 said:
I'd like to find out the specific name of the last that the Drydens are made from, and only buy shoes built on that last.
1-800-235-2348 (Mon-Fri 7:30AM-5PM CST). ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner