Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Shoes

Good day,I own 2 pair of Allen Edmonds shoes "Clifton" and Suede Loafers,the loafers are NOT made in the USA.Can someone tell me what shoe company still makes there product here,is it possilbly Alden? I do not know.

AlanC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
AE has some shoes made in Italy, which is where I assume those were made. They have some loafers, Venetian styled and driving type loafers, as well as a new upper tier line of dress shoes. Otherwise their shoes are still made in the US.

Alden does make all of its shoes in the US. Johnston & Murphy has a 'custom' line that is made in the US.

feltfan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Otabo.

Also some of the better Red Wing shoes/boots,
though their quality seems to have slipped.
Some New Balance, though many now carry
the "assembled in the USA" or similar tag.

Just got back from my favorite charity thrift shop (scored two nice enough shirts -- a gray Nordstrom house brand dress shirt and a reddish Land's End button down -- for a combined $3.52, including the sales tax) where I spotted a pair of essentially good as new (looks like they were worn not more than a time of two) black cap toe Allen Edmonds shoes. But they're a size 15! They're marked at $20, a price that will probably drop if they linger long on the shelf, which they likely will, if my experience there is any indicator.

Anyway, if any of you guys with size 15s are interested, I'd go grab 'em for you and send 'em your way, for my actual purchase and shipping costs.

epr25

Practically Family
I also have found a pair of mid brown AE wingtips in a size 12C. I can add photos but I was wondering if I should ebay them? If so what price would be a good one?

PenMan

Familiar Face
Allen Edmond is based in Port Washington, Wisconsin (which is basically a northern suburb of Milwaukee). They make almost all their shoes there. They also, I think, do the refurbishing in Wisconsin.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran