Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Special Order

Matt Deckard

Man of Action
Tomasso said:
In Chicago and NYC I don't wear shell until it drops below 50°F, kinda like flannel and tweed.

I have to admit, they are a bit like wearing rubber shoes... really keep in the heat. Being dark in color and walking in 90% heat don't help either.

As for brining them back... I'll tell you what Paul at Allen Edmonds says... So far it's a real consideration. He wants to make sure a few thousand would sell.

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
Feraud said:
So what can we do to help ensure the return of this model?

If AE brings these back I am definitely in for a pair.
They offer something in the Ballpark ;Unless you're persnickety. ;)

Matt Deckard

Man of Action
Well Paul the CEO actually blogged about them and they took a pretty good studio picture of my shoes.

He says they may be coming back. Right now all their dress shoe styles are fully leather lined. So something like the Strawfut, a shoe that actually breathes is amazing. Wearing my pair since they returned is amazing. I've never had a dress shoe that felt breezy and now I do. So I'll use them only for summer wear.

Paul also said they are working on a retro style ankle boot for their lineup, I can't wait to see it.

\/ Here's the CEO blog.
http://allenedmondsblog.blogspot.com/

Matt Deckard

Man of Action
Two tone Macneil's, black calf and black suede. Single oak Rendenbach soul with suicide combination heel and no reverse welt with Poron footbed.

Fantastic in looks... still have to wear them on the dancefloor. They did put a suede spine on the shoes and not the black calf as I requested, yet that's fine.

I actually think I should have gone with brown suede with the black calf.

What do you think?

IMG_1927-vi.jpg

IMG_1917-vi.jpg

IMG_1923-vi.jpg

univibe88

One Too Many
The look great. I think the black on black is wonderful. The black on brown would not have looked as nice.

What is a suicide heel? What makes it suicide?

cptjeff

Practically Family
I think they look great. Only thing I would change is how they're laced, I'm not a big fan of the straight across on shoes with open lacing. But that is one of those things that is completely and totally personal preference.

boushi_mania

One of the Regulars
I think they look fantastic, but I'd be just as happy with an off-the-shelf pair. Japan is terrible for finding shoes above a US size 9.5, and doubly so when it comes to properly made ones. Their official retailers here don't stock my size, and they mark up the prices just to add insult to injury... :eusa_doh:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ayanda