Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds wingtips thriftstore score

lostinperiphery

Familiar Face
I know absolutely nothing about dress shoes, so when I picked up these Allen Edmonds for $15 from a local thrift shop, it was simply because I liked the way they looked, they fit well, and they were inexpensive... When got home, I googled them, and it seems I really got some very nice shoes for a song!!... They no longer seem to be listed in the current lineup, but they seem comparable to some $200+ variations in the current Allen Edmonds offerings. Any idea how old these are?

Like I said, I know nothing about nice shoes, and now that I have a pair, I feel somewhat committed to take proper care of them. Is there anything I need to know about care/storage of dress shoes? Assume you're talking to someone who's never worn anything but tennishoes and hiking boots, because well, thats pretty much who you're talking to :)

they're in great shape, though the left shoe has an indentation towards the toe, which can be seen in the top photo. I wonder if there is a way to 'press' this back out from the inside?

here they are, pictured with another great local score from earlier this week: a biltmore senator i picked up for $15 from a craigslist ad!

DSC_5618.jpg

DSC_5622.jpg

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
lostinperiphery said:
the left shoe has an indentation towards the toe, which can be seen in the top photo. I wonder if there is a way to 'press' this back out from the inside?
That creasing is odd. Get some shoe trees in them, maybe that will help.

Shoe-trees.jpg

These have been known to pop up at thrift shops and discount stores.

Bugsy

One Too Many
lostinperiphery said:
I know absolutely nothing about dress shoes, so when I picked up these Allen Edmonds for $15 from a local thrift shop, it was simply because I liked the way they looked, they fit well, and they were inexpensive... When got home, I googled them, and it seems I really got some very nice shoes for a song!!... They no longer seem to be listed in the current lineup, but they seem comparable to some $200+ variations in the current Allen Edmonds offerings. Any idea how old these are?

Like I said, I know nothing about nice shoes, and now that I have a pair, I feel somewhat committed to take proper care of them. Is there anything I need to know about care/storage of dress shoes? Assume you're talking to someone who's never worn anything but tennishoes and hiking boots, because well, thats pretty much who you're talking to :)

they're in great shape, though the left shoe has an indentation towards the toe, which can be seen in the top photo. I wonder if there is a way to 'press' this back out from the inside?

here they are, pictured with another great local score from earlier this week: a biltmore senator i picked up for $15 from a craigslist ad!

DSC_5618.jpg

DSC_5622.jpg

WOW, lucky you. Wear them in good health.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy