Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Alley Kat Hat Co

bolthead

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I think that's awesome Tim, can't wait to get our creative heads together on this one man.

Kurt. #50 is yours. It's on me. You gave me a kick in the ass 2 years ago when I needed it the most. Thanks brother!

QUOTE=bolthead;1776117]Tim is a personal friend of mine. I feel responsible for getting him involved in Fedoras to begin with. I never in a million yrs thought he'd be making/selling his own. I think its awesome, so much so, that I'm hoping to get one from him myself, but I want it to be special......maybe his "50th"? You listening buddy? :becky:

Just received my new hat from Tim and all I can say is wow. This is just a tease as pics are yet to come. My hat is #33 and it is perfect.
First, I have to join the "Where are the pics???" chorus. :D

Second, this news makes me both happy and nervous. Happy, because a) Tim has another satisfied customer, and b) it means my hat is one step closer to becoming a reality. Nervous, because I'm really undecided on the brim width and I'll have to make a decision soon. :Cry: :frusty:

ManofKent

First, I have to join the "Where are the pics???" chorus. :D

Second, this news makes me both happy and nervous. Happy, because a) Tim has another satisfied customer, and b) it means my hat is one step closer to becoming a reality. Nervous, because I'm really undecided on the brim width and I'll have to make a decision soon. :Cry: :frusty:

Al - Tim's on the latter stages of mine, so you won't have too long to go :) I've 2 5/8" - I might go 2 7/8" for the next one.

Al - Tim's on the latter stages of mine, so you won't have too long to go :)
Yeah...funny thing about that. I got a text from Tim this morning letting me know he has two hats ahead of mine (one of them being yours), verified my size, and "Brim size...take your time on that one." Either he's psychic, or he stops in to read this thread from time to time. :D I'm not concerned; if I can wait three months for a Campdraft, I can certainly wait for Tim to work his magic. Thank you for the information Richard, I appreciate it!

As for the brim width, I sent Tim my thoughts on the matter. The only issue that's "set in stone" for me is the felt color--Whiskey. Everything else is open for discussion, and I welcome any suggestions Tim might have regarding brim width, crown height, ribbon color, etc.. When it comes to hats, I have rather simple/conservative/traditional tastes, so I just hope my hat won't be too boring for him. ;)

gear-guy

Practically Family
As promised new hat pics from Tim. Pic's not great too late in day but Steve's black cherry by Tim.

20140410_195630.jpg 20140410_195707.jpg 20140410_195720.jpg 20140410_195801.jpg

gear-guy

Practically Family
Everyone who has dealt with Tim had nothing but praise and I will continue, This hat started out something different but thank goodness I listened to him. He knows far more than me and I am so happy with the final product. I have several fedoras that I buy from antique stores and they are nice but compared to Tim's work no comparison. Will be ordering again from Tim, and if anyone is in the market for a wonderful made and quality hat get your order in.

ManofKent

Tim's just sent me pics of my finished hat - it looks great. Hopefully it will make it over the Atlantic safely and won't be stuck in customs for too long.

ManofKent

Tim's photos alone have led to me putting in a second order (don't worry Al you're ahead in the queue ;) ). Tim's communication is absolutely first rate - the process has been a real pleasure even if I was tempted to order three of the ribbon combinations he showed me rather than make a difficult decision between three great looking combinations :)

gear-guy

Practically Family
You beat me on the second order. I would have jumped in there but I bought one from a fellow lounger in the color that I wanted so no need to hurry. I will now have # 18 and 33. You will be very happy with his work.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elzbthy