Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Alley Kat Hat Co

Congrats Al, it looks great on and off your head. Very impressed with Tim's craft.
Thank you Mike, I appreciate it! Having looked through this thread a number of times I can honestly say I'd be happy to own any of the hats showcased here. So entering into the initial conversations with Tim I had a good feeling about where it would lead, but sometimes you don't really know unless you jump in with both feet. But with every suggestion he offered and every photo he sent, watching the hat take shape it was like Tim was somehow reaching into my brain and drawing on the mental images I'd created of my new hat. He nailed every detail--the shape and height of the crown, the shape of the brim, the color of the ribbon, the shape of the bow, etc.--on the first attempt. I think he's as much artist as craftsman.

gear-guy

Practically Family
Excellent Zombie, a great look on you, that hat is very close to mine that I purchased off another lounger that Tim made. Isn't that felt wonderful! Wear it well my friend.

Al - looks really good. :) I like the Whisky colour...
Love the hat! Great colour.
Thank you Gentlemen! As I wrote above, the color wasn't what I was expecting but it took all of one nanosecond for me to adjust my opinion. :D

...I'm still trying to get mine out of Parcelfarce's hands... :mad:
I'd been wondering about that when I didn't see you post any photos of your wonderful new hat; hopefully it will find it's way home to you soon. I sincerely hope I didn't step on your toes as I took your place in the "queue of pride", but I was so pleased with my new hat that I couldn't wait to show it off.

Excellent Zombie, a great look on you, that hat is very close to mine that I purchased off another lounger that Tim made. Isn't that felt wonderful! Wear it well my friend.
Thank you Sir! It immediately became my new favorite hat.

The hat you purchased from the "other Lounger" was actually the stimulant that led to the creation of my hat. I'd been eyeing it in the classifieds, and I semi-jokingly expressed my disappointment when it "sold" before I could gather the funds to purchase it myself. At that point Tim contacted me, and the rest is history. Not long after Tim's initial contact the "other Lounger" let me know the "sale" hadn't happened and that the hat was still available, but at that point I was already committed to Tim and couldn't afford both hats. The "other Lounger" was very kind and understanding about the situation, but I still felt as though I'd let him down. Anyway, I'm glad that hat went to a good home! I rather liked the "cinnamon" colored ribbon, but my wife didn't care for it at all so, since she has to be seen with me in public occasionally, all things considered I think the Dark Coffee ribbon was a better choice for me.

Al
Thank you for all the good words. It was a pleasure working with you.
And to everyone who supports my work via this thread; I appreciate you all very much.
I am very personally thrilled that my work is liked by so many.
Thanks to everyone who has good words for me and the quality of my work.
Have a great evening all. Tim

Al that hat looks outstanding on you my friend.

Preacher Man

A-List Customer
Al, that is a great looking hat and it looks great on you too!! I've got two of Tim's creations, and just like you said, it is really a pleasure to work with him. His hats are a pleasure to wear too!! Wear you Cane's Creation well sir!

Al, that is a great looking hat and it looks great on you too!! I've got two of Tim's creations, and just like you said, it is really a pleasure to work with him. His hats are a pleasure to wear too!! Wear you Cane's Creation well sir!
Thank you Sir! I came to this thread late so I missed the photos of your first hat, but I really like your second and I think it suits you right down to the ground. As for wearing mine, I've only had it for two days but I think my other hats are already getting jealous. ;)

That is a sharp lid Ingineer! The bow treatment is subtle, but it's the perfect touch that gives your hat that special "something". I'm looking forward to the details when you have the time.

I've been wearing my Akubras almost daily for about eight months now and I've received a compliment here and there, but they were the simple "Nice hat" kind of comments that someone half mumbles as you walk past. Today I wore Tim's "Number 36" while my wife and I were out running errands, and I received three enthusiastic compliments of the, "Wow, that's a really nice hat!" variety, one followed with the comment, "It looks very classy!" and another followed by a casual conversation about hats in general with a young gent who was starting a hat collection of his own. This was a first for me, and it showed the quality of Tim's hats is noticed by even the most casual observers.

ingineer

One Too Many
Thanks guys;
Re: #32
Wanted to find something more formal than my usual Westerns.
Could not believe my luck in finding this in the classified section.
Saw that bow and had to have it, The bow looks as if it grew there.
Felt is soft and plush. If this is rabbit can't imagine what beaver would be like.
Brim is wide at 2 ¾ , Crown high at 5 inch no taper ,yeah.
Tim did the crease. That's too nice to be my work.
Sweat looks reeded and stitching is impeccable
As a trout fisherman I know something about rod making and the patience required, you can see this in the workmanship in this hat.
Communication with Tim was a pleasure.

Richard

:eusa_clap Thank you for the good words Richard! I am glad it worked out for you, enjoy! :eusa_clap

Thanks guys;
Re: #32
Wanted to find something more formal than my usual Westerns.
Could not believe my luck in finding this in the classified section.
Saw that bow and had to have it, The bow looks as if it grew there.
Felt is soft and plush. If this is rabbit can't imagine what beaver would be like.
Brim is wide at 2 ¾ , Crown high at 5 inch no taper ,yeah.
Tim did the crease. That's too nice to be my work.
Sweat looks reeded and stitching is impeccable
As a trout fisherman I know something about rod making and the patience required, you can see this in the workmanship in this hat.
Communication with Tim was a pleasure.

Richard

ManofKent

My Mail is Forwarded Here
My troubles with Parcelfarce are over, and on Saturday I picked up the hat - #34

Pecan rabbit, tall crowned (around 5") with a true wide vintage ribbon - just what I asked for and beautifully done:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elzbthy