Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Alley Kat Hat Co

tropicalbob

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Bob I decided to give it to Kurt aka bolthead. He has been a help to me and is a good friend. However......Kurt came to see me to take some pictures for Harvey. He knows my girl Lisa loved the hat. The hat found its way back home. Lisa will wear it tomorrow with her Roger Dalrtey fringe coat.
Is it a Roger Daltrey or a Neil Young Buffalo Springfield fringe?

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.
The last word from Tim was, he is getting on with the hat he is making for Daniel. Not sure how much longer it will be as Tim has a lot of work on it that is time consuming. After the hat Esther made for me, (my own very first custom Fedora) this hat from Tim will round out what super great hats we will have in our home.

The main reason why I have been selecting Esther and Tim for making hats for us, the effort and quality they have put into what they make. I am sure other hatters make a great hat also, but so far, both Esther and Tim have shown some fantastic craftsmanship that you might not see any where else. Flawless workmanship.

Time gets busy with what he has going on making a hat for someone else, but touches bases to make his game plan for what you may want done. Checks back to ask questions as to the over view of what you want him to make, checks along the way to make sure he is doing what you want, and then finally shows what is ongoing. Esther does this as well. In how things can happen dealing with a service you know how some folks could just not care or be willing to keep checking to make sure everything is perfect. Tim is super about making you have what you want, the same again with Esther.

I can only thank Tim for how super he has been with words (and of course making sure he is paid for all the long hours and days he has to put into making a hat), but we do extend a great feeling of care, love and appreciation for everything.

bolthead

Harv, I finally was able to get some decent shots of your Lid......all I can say is, WOW! Also, if my head was 1 size larger, you wouldn't be getting this hat......lol'

wt679z.jpg

2na7jo5.jpg

mbr0wg.jpg

117fpcx.jpg

axiv5t.jpg

I was supposed to get a surgery today and it got postponed in a 5 am notice. I get this done now on mid January. I hope to get a hat done for Cindy before I go. T-Bob.... I will ( this is taking forever. My keyboard keeps disappearing and I just ALWAYS have issues doing any posting even back spacing is an issue most of the time) bob I have you next in line. My email is rodmaker@ptd.net

It is the best way to reach me. Between keyboard issues and log in issues at times. It will be quicker. These simple words took almost 10 min.

tropicalbob

I was supposed to get a surgery today and it got postponed in a 5 am notice. I get this done now on mid January. I hope to get a hat done for Cindy before I go. T-Bob.... I will ( this is taking forever. My keyboard keeps disappearing and I just ALWAYS have issues doing any posting even back spacing is an issue most of the time) bob I have you next in line. My email is rodmaker@ptd.net

It is the best way to reach me. Between keyboard issues and log in issues at times. It will be quicker. These simple words took almost 10 min.
Tim, Mom and Dad taught me to wait my turn. Yeah, I'm looking forward to it, but there's NO RUSH. Get back to me when you're back in shape, and give it time to heal. All the best.

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.
......a few more.

oqd2s4.jpg

10r5kjt.jpg

check out this "hand stitched" edge, no break in that stitching.
f052l3.jpg

28at45l.jpg

5uqoty.jpg

t5j1qr.jpg
"And now you know the rest of the story"...as per the late great Paul Harvey! This is why you can pick super work finished on a worth having custom hat! So when you have a need, for a custom hat, who are you gonna call? NO...not Ghost Busters....TIM! I can also say you can do some super good choices if you contact our own Esther as well.

All you can really say about how super nice Tim's hats are is , "MEOW"! (Alley Kat) hehehe!

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.

I wish so much that you will be able to finish our hat, but also Tim, that you don't suffer much. The issue medically you face is a hard one to do. The older we are the worse off that sort of damage hurts and of course takes longer to heal up. But there are some natural things to do in the way of helping you cope with the pain and discomfort you will have to endure. Some damned strong Scotch is one of them....and you know my other suggestion....haha....hahaha. You have our prayers for sure already! Gotta LOVE you for all you have done for us and everyone else!

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.
I believe it is just about time for another Alley Kat. Once Tim is all healed up I'm putting in another order. I've got 2 of these and I'm aching for a 3rd. Maybe something gray...

All things serve the Beam.

For a long time gray was blah to us...but now...gray has some very nice appeal in a custom hat. We have one custom hat that is actually silverbelly but looks gray due to the ribbon and bow on it, and then the edge of the brim is bound with a mellow colored yellow....sort of a faint yellow and it looks vintage as all hell!

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.
......a few more.

oqd2s4.jpg

10r5kjt.jpg

check out this "hand stitched" edge, no break in that stitching.
f052l3.jpg

28at45l.jpg

5uqoty.jpg

t5j1qr.jpg
Geez ol Pete, I forgot to make mention, that stitching....like a Machine Gun! I have to warn you if you have anyone else do some stitching it will not be done by hand.....and to be as accurate as this....yep...Machine Gun....rapid fire and NO miss.!

Over the Holiday we had Daniel's hat out from Tim, and just looked at it wondering how anyone could hand stitch that nice. I sew shoe soles on vintage shoes or to just do a repair once in a while. I use the same method as Tim does on his hat brims. I could NEVER duplicate his spacing or neatness. It is almost insanely beautiful work.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy