Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Am I Alone on this one ???

MAB1

Suspended
AlanC said:
Yeah, I do it.

Those of us seldom seem without a hat ???

Prolly all do. :D

And to expand a bit...

I kinda feel naked without a hat anymore. And I've only been wearing them for about a year and a half.

jec

One of the Regulars
Definitely. I do it all the time.

And I often forget to take off my hat when I come inside - so I never really know whether I have one on or not.

MAB1

Suspended
Charlie Noodles said:
I guess I haven't worn hats enough. What exactly are you reaching for it for?

That is a great question.

I guess we are reaching that Extension of Ourselves.

I don't think my hat's define me but...

I can see where some people may think that.

MDphoto

One of the Regulars
MAB1 said:
Those of us seldom seem without a hat ???

Prolly all do. :D

And to expand a bit...

I kinda feel naked without a hat anymore. And I've only been wearing them for about a year and a half.

Year and a half?

Newb!:D

HarpPlayerGene

I'll Lock Up
Oh yeah, I absolutely do that.

One of the nice things about wearing brimmed hats is politely (sometimes a little flirtatiously) tipping the brim to folks.

After every caricature that I draw I tip my hat to my customer. On a couple rare occasions when I forgot a hat, it was just comical because after every drawing those nights I grabbed at air up around my hairline and people must've wondered, "What the hell is wrong with this spaz?"

Also, I have quite a variety of brim widths and it seems my muscle memory is trained to go for about a 2-1/2" brim at least. Less than that and I'm playing 'air brim' again even WITH a hat on. lol

G

ADHD librarian

One of the Regulars
kabuto said:
It's like the pain and sensations that amputees feel in their absent limbs.

...only more painful?

I'd like to say I never do this, but I'm not sure I could look you in the eye while saying it.

Paisley

I'll Lock Up
I've never done this, although I usually wear a hat outside and have for years. However, I go to take off my glasses when they're already off, or try to put on sunglasses over my regular glasses.

grey ghost

One of the Regulars
I am with you on this.......

It happens all the time to me.........

I need to wear my hats more often..........................

Charlie Noodles

A-List Customer
I mean, should you be wearing the hat; what are you doing when you touch it? See when I'm wearing a hat I only tend to handle it when I'm re-adjusting it. In the event that it's moving around due to wind or somesuch. Is it just that you're trying to tip your hat to people when it isn't there?

MIJones

New in Town
After having taken a hat off recently, I "feel" a phantom hat for some minutes afterward. That might contribute to this.

MIJones

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DavidZL