Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Amazing (price adjusted) Feather Weight Borsalino for sale...

Aureliano

I'll Lock Up
With the approval of my wife, as this hat belonged to her late grandpa, I'm selling it (she's getting the money) because no matter how hard I try, I can not manage to feel comfortable wearing brown. This Borsalino, from the great house of Salvatore Balbi, is in great shape, the felt is soft, light and has no moth bites, tears or odors. The sweat is suple and well attached. Unusual on these feather weights, this particular one sports a tip sticker and no liner, making it VERY light.
A lounger has to buy this, it needs to go to good home please. Worth every cent $150 parcel post shipped USA. ($ 5 bucks if you want priority with delivery confirmation)

Color: Beautiful light brown..
Ribbon: 1 inch.
Brim: 2 1/2 bound edge.
Size: 7 1/8 (5 punti) Ever, EVER so slightly more spacious.

11.jpg

12.jpg

IMG_1952.jpg

IMG_1954.jpg

IMG_1977.jpg

Last edited:

El Sid

New in Town
7 5/8 here, too, with the added complication of being a lopsided long oval. A perfectly fitting vintage is a rare find indeed--so rare, in fact, I have never experienced it.

Aureliano

I'll Lock Up
Bump for lowered price. $150 Shipped USA parcep post ($5 if you want priority with delivery confirmation) Ships tomorrow!

jonbuilder

My Mail is Forwarded Here
condition

Hi
What is the condition of the sweat and sweat stiching. Looks like the stich holes might have broken through?
Do you think the hat could be streatched to 22-3/4"? If the sweat was replaced?
Nice looking hat
jon

Aureliano

I'll Lock Up
Hi Jon, the sweat is firmly attached. It looks like at some point during the life of the hat, grandpa had the sweat re-stitched--he was adamant about keeping his hats in their original shape--so it's actually solid. The hat is a little (LITTLE) bit bigger so it might fit you straight. If you remove the sweat I say it could definitely be resized to 22 3/4 (71/4) but the integrity of the hat will suffer. This Balbi hats are highly sought after and this one, having no liner and a tip sticker crown instead is even more uncommon. Again, it could be done but you could try it as it is first.

Last edited:

Rabbit

Call Me a Cab

Hi Aureliano,
if by any chance you read this before the end of auction (I could kick myself for not seeing this earlier):
Would you be willing to ship this hat to Germany? I would offer you $ 140,- plus shipping. I don't know if you can arrange a BIN now that it's on...if so, I'd love to hear from you.

Edit: For clarification, I can't place a bid on it because international bidders are blocked for this item. Hence the BIN request.

Last edited:

Aureliano

I'll Lock Up
I forgot I blocked intl bids. Sorry man. If you know someone in the us who can bid for you we can later arrange shipping.

Aureliano

I'll Lock Up
Sorry. I had it in here for a while but no one seemed interested.
There has to be a launger who can help you! SOS!

Rabbit

Call Me a Cab
I don't suppose it can be unblocked while the auction is on? :D

Ah well, I should have checked the classifieds earlier..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran