Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

American Classics and Real McCoy in London

RMC make mighty fine jackets! The craftsmanship and materials are top notch. I hope you can find a good deal on that A-1. I haven't.

Blackadder

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I don't for a minute think it's lack of design talent... they simply have a market for cold war/ non-WW2 repros that doesn't exist in the same way here. If the b15d was fetishised like the A2 here, there'd soon be half a dozen labels vhurning out proper repros.
My apology. What I mean is they do not design their own clothing because they only make repros. Despite the fact that they perhaps have a wider range of repros than western makers, not all the items are that popular and were done in only very small batch . My friends and I were discussing why the price of the Deck Zip is higher the N-1 despite the fact that the N-1 has alpaca and the deck zip only has wool blanket lining. I suggest that one of the reasons why the price is so high- lack of economies of scale. RM sells tons of N-1s but not the Deck Zip.

Last edited:

Edward

Bartender
Doesn't anyone else find it super-ironic that the Japanese fetishise WW2 American military wear?

SJ

Oh, completely. They're clearly a very.... forgiving people. It'd be like kids in Dresden wearing Irvins... (I was gonig to make a comparison to the Bromley Contingent too, but thinking about it, that was very deliberate, ironic, and designed to provoke. I don't think there's any of that with these Japanese kids wearing the USAAF/USAF stuff.

My apology. What I mean is they do not design their own clothing because they only make repros. Despite the fact that they perhaps have a wider range of repros than western makers, not all the items are that popular and were done in only very small batch . My friends and I were discussing why the price of the Deck Zip is higher the N-1 despite the fact that the N-1 has alpaca and the deck zip only has wool blanket lining. I suggest that one of the reasons why the price is so high- lack of economies of scale. RM sells tons of N-1s but not the Deck Zip.

Myh mistake - I realised I'd read you wrong just now, rereading the thread. Price-wise, yes, I think you're right; I'm sure that affects all niche-makers as well, bearing in mind none of them are churning out A2s in the quantity needed in ww2! With the Japanese companies doing these tiny runs of obscure stuff with a proportionately smaller market, I can see how the cost can rise exponentially.

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
Was in Real McCoy's today, and had to drag myself out of the place before I went rogue with my credit card. Some really nice stuff, Was particularly taken with their seal A-1: olive green knits, beautifully-grained shinki and immaculate stitching, though £1,495 is, uh, steep to say the least. I also took a wander down to AC's to have a gander at their fabled Hercules. It's okay, I wouldn't crawl over broken glass to get to it, but the thing that shocked me was the price: £1,175! I think I'd spring for the extra £300 and treat myself to a RM, tbh...

Last edited:

Superfluous

Given all the RMC talk, I donned my Oklahoma this evening.

RMCOklahoma51_zps62cd9321.jpg

Blackadder

Given all the RMC talk, I donned my Oklahoma this evening.

RMCOklahoma51_zps62cd9321.jpg

Very nice indeed. My friend has been eyeing the Oklahoma for a while. Well, that's one of his objectives when we go to Tokyo for our shopping trip in Jan. I however prefer my Rainbow Country single rider. The only RM leather jacket that I own is the M-422A that is no longer in production.

Superfluous

Very nice indeed. My friend has been eyeing the Oklahoma for a while. Well, that's one of his objectives when we go to Tokyo for our shopping trip in Jan. I however prefer my Rainbow Country single rider. The only RM leather jacket that I own is the M-422A that is no longer in production.

The RC Single Rider is fantastic! I wish the sleeves were a tad longer (I can't determine whether it will fit me based on the measurements and, without the ability to try it on or return it if the sleeves are too short, I can't take the risk).

Last edited:

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
Yes, that's the guys. Admittedly, we were just discussing the jackets, so they didn't distinguish between that and the other stuff.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic