Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

An actors life

Phil_UK

New in Town
During the 90's I was a stage actor and got the opportunity to wear some great original costumes and uniforms, which when I work out how to get pictures up I'll post for you to see. In most productions it was the standard repros that you'd expect. However in three shows all the costumes were original, these of course were what was interesting. WW1 English officers uniform, that was amazing. 1940's doctor complete with original white coat and suit. 1912 town and country suits, plus dress suit. The strangest was a Nazi officer for a production of Martin Sherman's Bent. The uniforn was hidden in the shops store room and was only unearthed after the director had refused repros and kicked up a fuss. It felt very odd wearing it, you could feel the power, it wasn't a nice feeling, yes it does sound odd, but some of you will be only too aware of the way you feel in original clothes, they have the ability to almost transport you to another time. I also had the great delight to portray Oliver Hardy on stage, now that was fun. I left acting to concentrate on my writing, but good memories live forever.

Regards Phil

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot