Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

An early summer visit to Seattle.

missminna

New in Town
Hi,
I have also posted on 'The great outdoors' about this, but am trying to get my head around a trip to Seattle in early June (I am a Londoner) and thought maybe one of you ladies could suggest some decent shopping opportunities or anything vintage/retro of interest. I gather it is (gulps!) a rather casual sporty city. Any suggestions for a clean cheap central hotel/motel would also be really appreciated.

Many thanks,
Minn x

Marla

A-List Customer
Hotel Vintage Park is lovely and close to shopping, restaurants, and antique stores.

missminna

New in Town
Thank you for that suggestion. I am really looking forward to visiting, it is funny though the whole world seems to be descending on London and I am escaping! I'm hoping there is some kind of jive night too. x

Babydoll

Call Me a Cab
That I know of, there's not a regular weekly "jive night" here. There are one-off DJ nights at Conor Byrne, The Two Bit or the Tractor Tavern. Most bigger rockabilly type shows are held at Conor Byrne or the Tractor Tavern. If you want to go swing dancing, the Century Ballroom is your best bet.

(Do you happen to know Kavita that used to live in London, now NYC?)

Sweet Caroline

New in Town
I live in Tacoma, so I'm not as knowledgeable about Seattle shopping. Capital Hill and the U-District have some fun consignment and antique stores. My sister was raving about Buffalo Exchange the other day http://www.buffaloexchange.com/index.php.
As far as dance goes, there's a pretty vibrant swing scene in Seattle! I'm quickly becoming obsessed with it. Like Babydoll said, Century is the most exciting place but there is a place to go every day of the week. http://www.savoyswing.org/dances/community-calendar/
Hope you have a great trip! Seattle has a lot of charm, in my opinion.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ