Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Demise of the Summer Suit

Marcus

A-List Customer
Doran said:
Nope, I didn't remove any buttons. It has 6. And yes, the top two are pleasantly high. The rise is nicely long: not as long as my actual early 1940s suits, but longer than my 1980s suits.

Honestly, folks, I'd have to recommend this at the price. No joke. $99? Geez. If I go to the Gatsby picnic (not sure if I'll go yet) I'll wear it there with a boater and many of you will be able to see it.

VERY tempted.

Dr Doran

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Ninety-nine bucks. You cannot possibly go wrong. Several people thought it was vintage. Several knowledgeable folks, including a guy who is in that book Swingtime by Vale. I may even buy the dark one as well. That's how much I like the cut and the weight.

Dr Doran

Well, ten seconds ago, I just ordered the dark one as well. Again, the compliments were so huge on the light one, and the cut and feel were so nice, that it seems more than reasonable. Including shipping and handling AND 1.5 inch cuff tailoring on the trousers, I'm out a whole $125. For a suit that's comfortable in this hot weather and that looks brilliant, that's perfectly acceptable for me. I hate heat, and I like looking good.

BinkieBaumont

Rude Once Too Often
"Being so Isolated, the Swan River Colony, is about 20 years behind the rest of the world so, thankfully,one still has a little wear left in this linen suit"

3877937142_1098b41bfb.jpg

kuwisdelu

Familiar Face
Doran said:
Well, ten seconds ago, I just ordered the dark one as well. Again, the compliments were so huge on the light one, and the cut and feel were so nice, that it seems more than reasonable. Including shipping and handling AND 1.5 inch cuff tailoring on the trousers, I'm out a whole $125. For a suit that's comfortable in this hot weather and that looks brilliant, that's perfectly acceptable for me. I hate heat, and I like looking good.

Doran, you convinced me. Just ordered the navy one as well. If I like it, I'll probably spring for the tan one if it's still around in my size when the first one gets here. Will post my own pictures when it comes.

Did your coat need much tailoring, or did it fit pretty well out of the box?

cookie

I'll Lock Up
PF sizes are standard US sizes meaning more generous than EURO sizes. The linen is Belgian and the manafacture is in China or Phillipines or Portugal from my experience.

Dr Doran

If the persons above are asking about my paul fredrick linen suit when they are asking about tailoring, here is the deal: I wear a 42L. So, naturally, I bought a 42L suit. the jacket fit perfectly and I mean perfectly. The trousers for a 42L suit are normally 36W and indeed,
a.) that is what I normally wear, and
b.) that is what comes with this linen suit.

The trousers for this suit have a 36W but it is not a 36W with wiggle room. It is a tru 36W. So since I am now up to 230 lbs from a normal 210 or so, I discovered that I needed another inch or so in the waist and I personally took out the waist which is an operation requiring about a half hour at home with a needle and thread (no machine necessary). It is very simple.

Naturally, the trouser-cuffs also needed to be done. But they will do it for you for all of 12 bucks and it is a nice 1.5 inch cuff. I cannot stand anything narrower.

As I mentioned earlier, the legs are generous which I like. Not tight. The waist is fairly high.

This is a great suit.

kuwisdelu

Familiar Face
Doran said:
If the persons above are asking about my paul fredrick linen suit when they are asking about tailoring, here is the deal: I wear a 42L. So, naturally, I bought a 42L suit. the jacket fit perfectly and I mean perfectly.

That's exactly what I meant. Thanks!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner