Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Demise of the Summer Suit

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
Both of these look very charming, COOL, and handsome on you NickD!

Nick D said:
I have two 'summer' suits. One is an off-white linen, the other a gray lightweight worsted with an unlined jacket.

DSC09690.jpg

DSC00040.jpg

I also have a gray DB suit which is light enough for cooler summer days. I really want a white 3-piece linen suit, but they're hard to come by. I love the 3-piece db linen suit Magnoli offers, I'd buy one if I could afford it. Someday.

Cheers,
Nick

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
Love a three piece, VERY sharp Thunderw21 as always.

thunderw21 said:
Late '20s 3-piece summer suit in blue. Very thin, light wool; airy but still pretty warm in the heat. Perhaps more of a Spring/Fall suit than a summer one but it works in the summer.

me060.jpg

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
GORGEOUS Torpedo.... nice suit too;)(big grin) LOVE this summer DB suit on you my dear.
Torpedo said:
Hello,

Presently I have two summer suits, one being a DB grey (actually a black micro-houndstooth on light grey, which gives a mid-grey effect); and a light sand SB linen. This is (obviously) the DB:

DSCN1044.jpg

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
SERIOUS SWOON- my darling Paddy! Ohmygoodnessgraciousme, what a fabulous picture of you wearing this gorgeous summer suit, Sir!

Is this the ultimate Golden Era look or what?

PADDY said:
"Yep!! fits the bill...haha ;) " But there is something about 'white/off white' that just looks and feels the biz when the sun sits high in the sky..."
summersuit002-1-1.jpg

Fletch

I'll Lock Up
I wore my bone-colored Haspels to the Players' Club do this Friday. The only other guy in full whites was the producer/emcee. Lot of white jackets in evidence tho, both formal and in-, plus one fella in white vest/trous.

As always, be prepared to be the stain attractant. Friday's culprit: my admission stamp! (I have this bad habit of clasping my hands behind me, as if about to be cuffed and shoved into a squad car.)

At least I wasn't wearing three-piece whites. That, I feel certain, is out and out provocation to the powers on high: you can expect to encounter an exploding fountain pen, a tray of linguini Bolognese, or an open manhole before the night is over.

mike

Call Me a Cab
Fletch said:
I wore my bone-colored Haspels to the Players' Club do this Friday. The only other guy in full whites was the producer/emcee. Lot of white jackets in evidence tho, both formal and in-, plus one fella in white vest/trous.

As always, be prepared to be the stain attractant. Friday's culprit: my admission stamp! (I have this bad habit of clasping my hands behind me, as if about to be cuffed and shoved into a squad car.)

At least I wasn't wearing three-piece whites. That, I feel certain, is out and out provocation to the powers on high: you can expect to encounter an exploding fountain pen, a tray of linguini Bolognese, or an open manhole before the night is over.

haha I absolutely agree! A white suit, although strikingly cool, is hard to not be self conscious in worrying that you'll be able to wear it another day! :eusa_doh:

Dr Doran

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Linen summer suit

Just received Paul Fredrick's DB linen summer suit, brown pin stripes, "natural" color (kind of oatmeal). Trousers are getting cuffed at the tailor's now. Will post pics when all is ready.

Dr Doran

Folks -- I have to say, this is a very nice summer suit. I took it to Church of Sinatra on Sunday and three gents (all veterans of the SF vintage scene) complimented it each twice. relatively high gorge on the jacket, nicely WIDE LEGS on the trousers. It's oatmeal with dark brown wide-spaced pinstripes as I mentioned. It is going for NINETY-NINE DOLLARS now, down from $350 (It was $150 when I got it). Perhaps the price is that crazy low since the quarter is ending? Here is the oatmeal and there is also a dark navy with whitish stripes. The 36W is really a 36W, no wiggle room on the waist, but as I said, the trouser-legs are nicely wide.

http://www.paulfredrick.com/Catalog/PFCLProductDetails.aspx?rootcat=12|Suits&rcount=1&refinement1=STRING|Clearance|Yes&Category=CLSuits&ProductId=RSD325N&tpc=45&psno=1

Couch.jpg

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
On the site it has SIX buttons on the jacket, the top two look really high up. Did you remove those? Dang, for a new suit it looks very nice for a good price. How high does the waist sit on the trousers? Is the rise long?

Doran said:
Folks -- I have to say, this is a very nice summer suit. I took it to Church of Sinatra on Sunday and three gents (all veterans of the SF vintage scene) complimented it each twice. relatively high gorge on the jacket, nicely WIDE LEGS on the trousers. It's oatmeal with dark brown wide-spaced pinstripes as I mentioned. It is going for NINETY-NINE DOLLARS now, down from $350 (It was $150 when I got it). Perhaps the price is that crazy low since the quarter is ending? Here is the oatmeal and there is also a dark navy with whitish stripes. The 36W is really a 36W, no wiggle room on the waist, but as I said, the trouser-legs are nicely wide.

http://www.paulfredrick.com/Catalog/PFCLProductDetails.aspx?rootcat=12|Suits&rcount=1&refinement1=STRING|Clearance|Yes&Category=CLSuits&ProductId=RSD325N&tpc=45&psno=1

Couch.jpg

Fletch

I'll Lock Up

Dr Doran

Nope, I didn't remove any buttons. It has 6. And yes, the top two are pleasantly high. The rise is nicely long: not as long as my actual early 1940s suits, but longer than my 1980s suits.

Honestly, folks, I'd have to recommend this at the price. No joke. $99? Geez. If I go to the Gatsby picnic (not sure if I'll go yet) I'll wear it there with a boater and many of you will be able to see it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner